Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New York Rangers head to Verizon Center to play the Washington Capitals on Wednesday, April 5, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Rangers at +148 and the Capitals at -164.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York comes into this matchup having played 79 games. They have an overall record of 47-26-6 and on the road they have a record of 27-10-2. Currently they are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 252 goals and given up 213 goals for a point differential of +39. The Rangers have an overall record of 3-3-4 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 44-32 and an over/under record of 40-32-7. Washington shows up with a record of 52-18-8 including 31-6-2 at home this season. They are 1st in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 254 goals and surrendered 178 for a goal differential of +76. The Capitals have a record of 8-1-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 50-26 while their over/under record sits at 36-28-14.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Valuable New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 44-32 straight up
The New York Rangers are 40-32-7 against the over/under
Important Washington Capitals Betting Trends
The Washington Capitals are 50-26 straight up
The Washington Capitals are 36-28-14 against the over/under
Key New York Rangers Injuries
04/02/17 D Ryan McDonagh Undisclosed "?" Wednesday vs. Washington
Key Washington Capitals Injuries
No key injuries to report
J.T. Miller has accumulated 56 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 22 goals this season with 131 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 34 assists on the season and averages 16.4 minutes played per game. Mats Zuccarello has averaged 18.8 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 15 goals on 188 shots. He has 44 assists giving him a total of 59 points on the season. Antti Raanta has 16 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 782 shots against him and has given up 61 goals. He has made 721 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Alex Ovechkin has accumulated 66 total points this season for the Capitals. He has 33 goals this season with 300 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 33 assists on the season and averages 18.4 minutes played per game. Marcus Johansson has averaged 17 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 23 goals on 120 shots. He has 33 assists giving him a total of 56 points on the season. Braden Holtby has 41 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Capitals. He has had 1,651 shots against him and has given up 126 goals. He has made 1,525 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Rangers have 100 total points this season. They have scored 252 goals while giving up 213 goals. They have had 229 power play opportunities and have scored 46 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Rangers have allowed 217 power play opportunities and given up 44 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.63% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Capitals have a total of 112 points on the season. They have 55 power play goals on 235 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 23%. They have allowed 265 power play opportunities and have given up 42 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Rangers have a total of 254 goals scored while they've given up 178 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.75%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 49.2% as they've attempted 4,374 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,519 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.1% as they have 3,333 attempts while they've given up 3,322 shots on the defensive end. The Rangers start possessions in the offensive zone 50.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.7% for the season. They have 2,267 face off wins compared to 2,412 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.5%. On defense New York has 1,648 hits and they've blocked 1,197 shots from the opposition.
Washington has attempted 4,416 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,186 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.3% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.4% as they have 3,307 shots while they've given up 3,132 attempts on defense. The Capitals have an offensive zone percentage of 52.2% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.8% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.1% as they've compiled 2,296 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,291 face off losses. On defense Washington has blocked 1,054 shot attempts and they have 1,656 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Rangers/Capitals NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take New York +148 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take New York +148
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.