Saturday, March 11, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators travel to Pepsi Center to play the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday, March 11, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Senators at -155 and the Avalanche at +140. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this matchup having played 66 games. They have an overall record of 38-22-6 and on the road they have a record of 19-12-0. Currently they are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 178 goals and given up 171 goals for a point differential of +7. The Senators have an overall record of 7-3-0 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 34-28 and an over/under record of 26-38-2. Colorado shows up with a record of 19-44-3 including 10-21-2 at home this season. They are 7th in the Central Division. They've scored 129 goals and surrendered 217 for a goal differential of -88. The Avalanche have a record of 3-6-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 19-47 while their over/under record sits at 25-30-11.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 61 total points this season for the Senators. He has 13 goals this season with 175 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 48 assists on the season and averages 26.7 minutes played per game. Kyle Turris has averaged 19.3 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 22 goals on 140 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 44 points on the season. Mike Condon has 18 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 975 shots against him and has given up 85 goals. He has made 890 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Matt Duchene has accumulated 36 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 16 goals this season with 136 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 18.5 minutes played per game. Nathan MacKinnon has averaged 20.1 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 14 goals on 208 shots. He has 30 assists giving him a total of 44 points on the season. Calvin Pickard has 12 wins and 21 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 1,101 shots against him and has given up 100 goals. He has made 1,001 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Senators have 82 total points this season. They have scored 178 goals while giving up 171 goals. They have had 205 power play opportunities and have scored 36 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Senators have allowed 206 power play opportunities and given up 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.99% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Avalanche have a total of 41 points on the season. They have 26 power play goals on 195 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 13%. They have allowed 233 power play opportunities and have given up 51 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 129 goals scored while they've given up 217 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 6.99%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 47.9% as they've attempted 3,658 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,971 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.6% as they have 2,711 attempts while they've given up 2,862 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 51.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.6% for the season. They have 2,077 face off wins compared to 1,989 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.1%. On defense has 1,710 hits and they've blocked 1,109 shots from the opposition.
Colorado has attempted 3,440 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,733 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 47.4% as they have 2,577 shots while they've given up 2,857 attempts on defense. The Avalanche have an offensive zone percentage of 49% and their defensive zone percentage is 51% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 53.5% as they've compiled 2,124 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,845 face off losses. On defense has blocked 876 shot attempts and they have 1,410 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 34-28 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 26-38-2 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 19-47 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 25-30-11 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
03/10/17 C Kyle Turris Finger "?" Saturday vs. Colorado
02/27/17 GO Andrew Hammond Hip out for season
02/20/17 RW Bobby Ryan Finger out indefinitely
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
02/20/17 D Nikita Zadorov Ankle out for season
01/26/17 GO Semyon Varlamov Hip out for season
Tony's Pick: Take Colorado +140
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.