Tuesday, January 31, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Ottawa Senators head to BB&T Center to take on the Florida Panthers on Tuesday, January 31, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Senators at +113 and the Panthers at -125. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa comes into this game having played 47 games. They have an overall record of 26-15-6 and away from home they have a record of 12-8-0. The currently are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 127 goals and surrendered 123 goals for a point differential of +4. The Senators have an overall record of 6-2-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 22-21 and an over/under record of 19-26-2. Florida shows up with a record of 21-19-10 including 12-9-3 at home this season. They are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 116 goals and surrendered 137 for a goal differential of -21. The Panthers have a record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 18-29 while their over/under record sits at 20-23-7.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 39 total points this season for the Senators. He has 7 goals this season with 108 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 27 minutes played per game. Mark Stone has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by scoring 16 goals on 84 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 35 points on the season. Mike Condon has 14 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 747 shots against him and has given up 62 goals. He has made 685 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Jaromir Jagr has accumulated 29 total points this season for the Panthers. He has 9 goals this season with 109 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 20 assists on the season and averages 17 minutes played per game. Vincent Trocheck has averaged 22 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 18 goals on 141 shots. He has 16 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Roberto Luongo has 13 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Panthers. He has had 999 shots against him and has given up 79 goals. He has made 920 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Senators have 58 total points this season. They have scored 127 goals while giving up 123 goals. They have had 150 power play opportunities and have scored 26 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Senators have allowed 155 power play opportunities and given up 27 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 29 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.35% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Panthers have a total of 52 points on the season. They have 26 power play goals on 168 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 157 power play opportunities and have given up 25 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 116 goals scored while they've given up 137 goals to this point. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.36%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 47.8% as they've attempted 2,575 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,815 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 48.2% as they have 1,880 attempts while they've given up 2,023 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 51.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.5% for the season. They have 1,500 face off wins compared to 1,449 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.9%. On defense Ottawa has 1,232 hits and they've blocked 792 shots from the opposition.
Florida has attempted 2,874 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,655 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 52% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.4% as they have 2,190 shots while they've given up 2,073 attempts on defense. The Panthers have an offensive zone percentage of 52.9% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.1% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.1% as they've compiled 1,476 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,593 face off losses. On defense Florida has blocked 582 shot attempts and they have 1,045 hits as a unit.
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 22-21 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 19-26-2 against the over/under
Florida Panthers Betting Trends
The Florida Panthers are 18-29 straight up
The Florida Panthers are 20-23-7 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Injuries
12/22/16 GO Andrew Hammond Ankle out indefinitely
12/13/16 GO Craig Anderson Personal out indefinitely
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
01/26/17 D Mark Borowiecki Flu "?" Tuesday vs Florida
Florida Panthers Injuries
12/30/16 C Aleksander Barkov Back out indefinitely
10/10/16 LW Jonathan Huberdeau Achilles out indefinitely
Tony's Pick: Take Ottawa +113
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.