Ottawa Senators at New York Islanders NHL Picks & Predictions 12/1/2017
Friday, December 1, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Ottawa Senators head to Barclays Center to take on the New York Islanders on Friday, December 1, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Senators at +131 and the Islanders at -145.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa has a record of 8-9-6 this year and away from home they have a record of 4-4-1. They are 6th in the Atlantic Division. They have tallied 68 goals and surrendered 76 goals for a point differential of -8. For the year they have an ATS mark of 8-15-0 and an over/under record of 13-10-0. New York has a record of 15-7-2 including 8-0-2 on home ice this year. They are 2nd in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 89 goals and have given up 76 for a goal differential of +13. Their record against the spread is 15-9-0 while their over/under mark is 15-8-0.
Valuable Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 8-15-0 straight up this year
The Ottawa Senators are 13-10-0 against the over/under this season
Important New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 15-9-0 straight up this year
The New York Islanders are 15-8-0 against the over/under this season
Key Ottawa Senators Injuries
11/20/17 D Mark Borowiecki Concussion IR (11/19)
11/17/17 D Chris Wideman Hamstring IR (11/16)
10/15/17 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion IR (10/03)
Key New York Islanders Injuries
11/28/17 C Casey Cizikas Lower Body is "?" Friday vs Ottawa
11/08/17 LW Nikolay Kulemin Upper Body IR (11/06)
Derick Brassard has scored 17 total points this year for the Senators. He has 6 goals this season with 68 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 11 assists on the year and averages 19.4 minutes played per contest. Mark Stone averages 21.1 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 23% by tallying 14 goals on 60 attempts. He has 10 assists, giving him a total of 24 points on the year. Craig Anderson has 7 wins and 8 losses this season in goal for the Senators. He has 486 shots against him and he's surrendered 51 goals. He's made 435 stops for a save percentage of 90%.
Josh Bailey has 28 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 5 goals this year with 38 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 23 assists on the year and averages 17.7 minutes played per contest. Anders Lee averages 16.9 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 23% by scoring 13 goals on 56 attempts. He has 12 assists, giving him a total of 25 points on the year. Thomas Greiss has 8 wins and 2 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has 402 shots against him and he's given up 39 goals. He's made 363 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Senators have 22 total points this year, which is 29th in the NHL. They've scored 68 goals while giving up 76 scores, which has them ranked 24th and 12th respectively. They have had 89 power play chances and scored 14 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 16%. That is 28th in the league. The Senators have given up 65 power play opportunities and surrendered 13 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking them 17th when short-handed. They average 31 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.65% for the year. They allow 29 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 89%, which is 28th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Islanders are 8th in the league with a total of 32 points this season. They have 18 power play goals on 85 chances for a percentage of 21%. That is 12th in the NHL. They've given up 77 power play opportunities and surrendered 16 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, ranking 20th overall. As a team, the Islanders are 3rd with a total of 89 goals scored while they've given up 76 goals this season, ranking 11th in goals against. They average 31 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 11.96%. As a unit they give up 32 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them 22nd overall in the NHL.
Ottawa is 16th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 49.6%, as they've attempted 1,323 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,343 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 50.6% as they have 988 attempts while they have given up 965 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 11th in the league. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 54.6% of the time, which is 4th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.4% for the season. That is 28th overall in the NHL. They have 744 face-off wins compared to 670 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.6%. That ranks them 4th in the league. On defense Ottawa has 523 hits and they have blocked 378 shots from the opposition, putting them 7th overall.
The Islanders start possessions in the offensive zone 49.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.2% for the year. That ranks them 19th and 12th respectively in the NHL. They have 669 face-off wins as opposed to 745 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 47.3%. That is 27th in the league. On defense New York has 464 hits and they've blocked 363 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 11th in blocked shots. New York is ranked 24th in Corsi percentage with 49.3% as they've tried 1,387 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 1,424 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 23rd in the NHL at 49%, as they have 1,019 shots while they've given up 1,061 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Senators/Islanders NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Ottawa +131 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take Ottawa +131
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.