Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Madison Square Garden
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Ottawa Senators travel to Madison Square Garden to play the New York Rangers on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 in Game 6 of their series. Ottawa leads the series 3-2. The opening line for this game has the Senators at +149 and the Rangers at -165.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Ottawa had a regular season record of 44-28-10 and on the road they had a record of 22-17-2. They finished 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 212 goals and given up 214 goals for a point differential of -2. For the season they have an ATS record of 38-37 and an over/under record of 32-47-3. New York finished with a record of 48-28-6 including 21-16-4 at home this season. They were 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 256 goals and surrendered 220 for a goal differential of +36. Their record against the spread is 44-34 while their over/under record sits at 40-35-7.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Valuable Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 38-37 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 32-47-3 against the over/under
Important New York Rangers Betting Trends
The New York Rangers are 44-34 straight up
The New York Rangers are 40-35-7 against the over/under
Key Ottawa Senators Injuries
05/03/17 D Mark Borowiecki Lower Body out indefinitely
Key New York Rangers Injuries
No key injuries to report
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 71 total points this season for the Senators. He has 17 goals this season with 218 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 54 assists on the season and averages 26.8 minutes played per game. Kyle Turris has averaged 19.5 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 27 goals on 185 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 55 points on the season. Craig Anderson has 25 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 1,247 shots against him and has given up 92 goals. He has made 1,155 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
J.T. Miller has accumulated 56 total points this season for the Rangers. He has 22 goals this season with 132 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 34 assists on the season and averages 16.4 minutes played per game. Mats Zuccarello has averaged 18.8 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 15 goals on 189 shots. He has 44 assists giving him a total of 59 points on the season. Henrik Lundqvist has 31 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Rangers. He has had 1,650 shots against him and has given up 148 goals. He has made 1,502 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Senators have 98 total points this season. They have scored 212 goals while giving up 214 goals. They have had 254 power play opportunities and have scored 43 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. The Senators have allowed 247 power play opportunities and given up 50 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.61% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Rangers have a total of 102 points on the season. They have 47 power play goals on 232 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 20%. They have allowed 224 power play opportunities and have given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. As a team, the Senators have a total of 256 goals scored while they've given up 220 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.50%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Ottawa has a Corsi percentage of 48.3% as they've attempted 4,550 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,863 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49% as they have 3,380 attempts while they've given up 3,511 shots on the defensive end. The Senators start possessions in the offensive zone 52.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.8% for the season. They have 2,549 face off wins compared to 2,452 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51%. On defense Ottawa has 2,114 hits and they've blocked 1,352 shots from the opposition.
New York has attempted 4,512 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,684 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 49.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50% as they have 3,438 shots while they've given up 3,440 attempts on defense. The Rangers have an offensive zone percentage of 50.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.4% as they've compiled 2,353 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,511 face off losses. On defense New York has blocked 1,244 shot attempts and they have 1,715 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Senators/Rangers NHL game against the spread?
Tony's Pick: Take New York -165
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.