Thursday, March 16, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Philadelphia Flyers travel to Prudential Center to play the New Jersey Devils on Thursday, March 16, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Flyers at +104 and the Devils at -115. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Philadelphia comes into this matchup having played 68 games. They have an overall record of 31-29-8 and on the road they have a record of 12-18-4. Currently they are 6th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 176 goals and given up 204 goals for a point differential of -28. The Flyers have an overall record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 25-37 and an over/under record of 30-30-8. New Jersey shows up with a record of 25-31-12 including 13-13-6 at home this season. They are 8th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 153 goals and surrendered 197 for a goal differential of -44. The Devils have a record of 0-8-2 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 22-43 while their over/under record sits at 24-26-18.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Claude Giroux has accumulated 49 total points this season for the Flyers. He has 13 goals this season with 171 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 36 assists on the season and averages 19.4 minutes played per game. Wayne Simmonds has averaged 19.2 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 28 goals on 187 shots. He has 18 assists giving him a total of 46 points on the season. Steve Mason has 19 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Flyers. He has had 1,285 shots against him and has given up 122 goals. He has made 1,163 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Taylor Hall has accumulated 44 total points this season for the Devils. He has 15 goals this season with 186 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 29 assists on the season and averages 19.5 minutes played per game. Kyle Palmieri has averaged 17.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 22 goals on 158 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 44 points on the season. Cory Schneider has 19 wins and 22 losses this season in net for the Devils. He has had 1,547 shots against him and has given up 138 goals. He has made 1,409 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Flyers have 70 total points this season. They have scored 176 goals while giving up 204 goals. They have had 237 power play opportunities and have scored 48 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. The Flyers have allowed 205 power play opportunities and given up 42 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 31 shots per game and as a team are shooting 8.22% for the season to this point. They allow 29 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Devils have a total of 62 points on the season. They have 37 power play goals on 207 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 211 power play opportunities and have given up 41 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Flyers have a total of 153 goals scored while they've given up 197 goals to this point. They average 27 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.23%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Philadelphia has a Corsi percentage of 52.5% as they've attempted 4,192 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,795 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 53% as they have 3,057 attempts while they've given up 2,708 shots on the defensive end. The Flyers start possessions in the offensive zone 55.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 44.6% for the season. They have 2,107 face off wins compared to 1,978 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 51.6%. On defense has 1,723 hits and they've blocked 1,087 shots from the opposition.
New Jersey has attempted 3,295 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,796 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 46.5% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 46.7% as they have 2,546 shots while they've given up 2,911 attempts on defense. The Devils have an offensive zone percentage of 46.4% and their defensive zone percentage is 53.6% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 49.8% as they've compiled 2,017 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,030 face off losses. On defense has blocked 885 shot attempts and they have 1,341 hits as a unit.
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Trends
The Philadelphia Flyers are 25-37 straight up
The Philadelphia Flyers are 30-30-8 against the over/under
New Jersey Devils Betting Trends
The New Jersey Devils are 22-43 straight up
The New Jersey Devils are 24-26-18 against the over/under
Philadelphia Flyers Injuries
03/13/17 D Brandon Manning Upper Body "?" Wednesday vs. Pittsburgh
03/01/17 LW Michael Raffl Lower Body out indefinitely
New Jersey Devils Injuries
03/14/17 RW Devante Smith-Pelly Lower Body "?" Thursday vs. Philadelphia
03/14/17 C Jacob Josefson Upper Body "?" Thursday vs. Philadelphia
03/03/17 LW Michael Cammalleri Upper Body out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take New Jersey -115
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.