Pittsburgh Penguins at Boston Bruins NHL Picks & Predictions 11/24/2017
Friday, November 24, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Pittsburgh Penguins travel to TD Garden to play the Boston Bruins on Friday, November 24, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Penguins at -105 and the Bruins at -105.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Pittsburgh has a record of 11-9-3 this season and on the road they have a record of 5-7-2. They are 4th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 61 goals and given up 80 goals for a point differential of -19. For the season they have an ATS record of 11-12-0 and an over/under record of 12-11-0. Boston is 9-7-4 including 5-3-2 at home this season. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 54 goals and surrendered 59 for a goal differential of -5. Their record against the spread is 9-11-0 while their over/under record is 9-11-0.
Valuable Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Trends
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 11-12-0 straight up this year
The Pittsburgh Penguins are 12-11-0 against the over/under this season
Important Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 9-11-0 straight up this year
The Boston Bruins are 9-11-0 against the over/under this season
Key Pittsburgh Penguins Injuries
11/23/17 C Evgeni Malkin Upper Body is "?" Friday vs. Boston
10/23/17 RW Carter Rowney Hand IR (10/21)
Key Boston Bruins Injuries
11/23/17 D Torey Krug Upper Body is "?" Friday vs. Pittsburgh
11/17/17 LW Anders Bjork Undisclosed IR (11/12)
11/17/17 LW Brad Marchand Undisclosed IR (11/12)
11/01/17 RW David Backes Lower Body IR (11/01)
10/20/17 D Adam McQuaid Fibula IR (10/19)
Sidney Crosby has accumulated 17 total points this season for the Penguins. He has 6 goals this year with 75 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 11 assists on the season and averages 20.6 minutes played per game. Evgeni Malkin averages 18.2 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 7 goals on 65 shots. He has 14 assists, giving him a total of 21 points on the season. Matthew Murray has 11 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Penguins. He has 562 shots against him and he's given up 52 goals. He's made 510 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Brad Marchand has scored 15 total points this year for the Bruins. He has 8 goals this season with 36 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 22%. He has a total of 7 assists on the season and averages 21.5 minutes played per game. David Pastrnak averages 18.8 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 18% by scoring 10 goals on 55 shots. He has 8 assists, giving him a total of 18 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 3 wins and 7 losses this year in goal for the Bruins. He has 330 shots against him and he's surrendered 34 goals. He's made 296 saves for a save percentage of 90%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Penguins have 25 total points this season, which ranks them 12th in the NHL. They are 22nd in the league in goals scored with 61 while they've given up 80 goals, ranking them 3rd overall. They have had 88 power play opportunities and have scored 21 goals on those chances for a percentage of 24%. That is 4th in the NHL. The Penguins have allowed 91 power play opportunities and have given up 22 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 76%, putting them 26th in the league when short-handed. They average 36 shots per game and as a team shoot 7.44% for the season. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 89%. That puts them 28th in the league in stopping the puck.
Useful Team Statistics
The Bruins are 23rd in the NHL with a total of 22 points this year. They have 13 power play goals on 69 opportunities for a percentage of 19%. That ranks them 18th in the league as a power play unit. They've allowed 66 power play opportunities and have given up 10 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. That is 5th in the NHL. As a team, the Bruins are 28th in the league with 54 goals scored while they've given up 59 goals, which is 22nd overall. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.75%. As a team they give up 31 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%. That is 15th in the NHL.
Pittsburgh is 12th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.4%, as they've attempted 1,404 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,330 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 52.4% as they have 1,083 attempts while they have given up 984 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 8th in the league. The Penguins start possessions in the offensive zone 54.6% of the time, which is 6th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 45.4% for the season. That is 28th overall in the NHL. They have 747 face-off wins compared to 742 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.2%. That ranks them 19th in the league. On defense Pittsburgh has 527 hits and they have blocked 346 shots from the opposition, putting them 1st overall.
The Bruins start possessions in the offensive zone 52.3% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.7% for the year. That ranks them 11th and 19th respectively in the NHL. They have 649 face-off wins as opposed to 629 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.8%. That is 9th in the league. On defense Boston has 515 hits and they've blocked 287 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 26th in blocked shots. Boston is ranked 14th in Corsi percentage with 50% as they've tried 1,161 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 1,161 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 13th in the NHL at 50.1%, as they have 877 shots while they've given up 874 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Penguins/Bruins NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Boston -105 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Boston -105
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.