Thursday, February 9, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The San Jose Sharks travel to TD Garden to play the Boston Bruins on Thursday, February 9, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Sharks at +109 and the Bruins at -120. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
San Jose comes into this matchup having played 54 games. They have an overall record of 33-17-4 and on the road they have a record of 15-10-2. Currently they are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 148 goals and given up 126 goals for a point differential of +22. The Sharks have an overall record of 7-1-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 31-21 and an over/under record of 13-24-17. Boston shows up with a record of 26-23-6 including 12-13-0 at home this season. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 143 goals and surrendered 149 for a goal differential of -6. The Bruins have a record of 4-5-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 24-29 while their over/under record sits at 26-24-5.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 47 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 18 goals this season with 172 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 29 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Brent Burns has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 22 goals on 209 shots. He has 35 assists giving him a total of 57 points on the season. Martin Jones has 27 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 1,227 shots against him and has given up 102 goals. He has made 1,125 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Brad Marchand has accumulated 55 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 23 goals this season with 165 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. David Pastrnak has averaged 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 22 goals on 169 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 44 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 25 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has had 1,079 shots against him and has given up 96 goals. He has made 983 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Sharks have 70 total points this season. They have scored 148 goals while giving up 126 goals. They have had 170 power play opportunities and have scored 30 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. The Sharks have allowed 141 power play opportunities and given up 26 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.01% for the season to this point. They allow 27 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%.
The Bruins have a total of 58 points on the season. They have 33 power play goals on 172 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 179 power play opportunities and have given up 25 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 86%. As a team, the Sharks have a total of 143 goals scored while they've given up 149 goals to this point. They average 35 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 7.53%. As a team they give up 26 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
San Jose has a Corsi percentage of 51.2% as they've attempted 3,156 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,009 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 52.1% as they have 2,334 attempts while they've given up 2,142 shots on the defensive end. The Sharks start possessions in the offensive zone 52.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.5% for the season. They have 1,502 face off wins compared to 1,638 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 47.8%. On defense San Jose has 1,042 hits and they've blocked 867 shots from the opposition.
Boston has attempted 3,509 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,777 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 55.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 56.3% as they have 2,637 shots while they've given up 2,047 attempts on defense. The Bruins have an offensive zone percentage of 54.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 45.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 53% as they've compiled 1,796 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,590 face off losses. On defense Boston has blocked 730 shot attempts and they have 1,177 hits as a unit.
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 31-21 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 13-24-17 against the over/under
Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 24-29 straight up
The Boston Bruins are 26-24-5 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Injuries
02/03/17 RW Joonas Donskoi Upper Body out indefinitely
01/23/17 C Micheal Haley Lower Body out indefinitely
01/13/17 D Dylan Demelo Wrist out indefinitely
Boston Bruins Injuries
02/07/17 C Austin Czarnik Undisclosed out indefinitely
02/07/17 D Zdeno Chara Illness "?" Thursday vs. San Jose
Tony's Pick: Take Boston -120
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.