Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The St. Louis Blues head to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 in Game 4 of their series. The Predators lead the series 2-1. The opening line for this game has the Blues at +130 and the Predators at -150.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
St. Louis had a regular season record of 46-29-7 and on the road they had a record of 22-17-2. They finished the season 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 235 goals and given up 218 goals for a point differential of +17. For the season they have an ATS record of 43-36 and an over/under record of 34-36-12. Nashville finished the regular season with a record of 41-29-12 including 24-9-8 at home this year. They were 4th in the Central Division. They've scored 240 goals and surrendered 224 for a goal differential of +16. Their record against the spread is 39-41 while their over/under record sits at 41-35-6.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Valuable St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 43-36 straight up
The St. Louis Blues are 34-36-12 against the over/under
Important Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 39-41 straight up
The Nashville Predators are 41-35-6 against the over/under
Key St. Louis Blues Injuries
02/05/17 C Robby Fabbri Knee out for season
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
04/27/17 LW Kevin Fiala Lower Body out for season
04/17/17 LW Vernon Fiddler Upper Body out indefinitely
Vladimir Tarasenko has accumulated 75 total points this season for the Blues. He has 39 goals this season with 286 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 36 assists on the season and averages 18.5 minutes played per game. Alex Steen has averaged 19.3 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 16 goals on 117 shots. He has 35 assists giving him a total of 51 points on the season. Jake Allen has 33 wins and 20 losses this season in net for the Blues. He has had 1,620 shots against him and has given up 138 goals. He has made 1,482 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Ryan Johansen has accumulated 61 total points this season for the Predators. He has 14 goals this season with 154 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 47 assists on the season and averages 18.8 minutes played per game. Viktor Arvidsson has averaged 17.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 31 goals on 246 shots. He has 30 assists giving him a total of 61 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 31 wins and 19 losses this season in net for the Predators. He has had 1,757 shots against him and has given up 144 goals. He has made 1,613 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Blues have 99 total points this season. They have scored 235 goals while giving up 218 goals. They have had 235 power play opportunities and have scored 50 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Blues have allowed 263 power play opportunities and given up 40 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 85%. They average 28 shots per game and as a team are shooting 10.09% for the season to this point. They allow 28 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have a total of 94 points on the season. They have 49 power play goals on 259 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 19%. They have allowed 241 power play opportunities and have given up 46 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. As a team, the Blues have a total of 240 goals scored while they've given up 224 goals to this point. They average 31 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.39%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
St. Louis has a Corsi percentage of 49.5% as they've attempted 4,271 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,364 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 49.8% as they have 3,207 attempts while they've given up 3,229 shots on the defensive end. The Blues start possessions in the offensive zone 48.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.2% for the season. They have 2,438 face off wins compared to 2,411 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 50.3%. On defense St. Louis has 1,688 hits and they've blocked 1,135 shots from the opposition.
Nashville has attempted 4,776 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,570 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 50.6% as they have 3,545 shots while they've given up 3,460 attempts on defense. The Predators have an offensive zone percentage of 50.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 49.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 51.4% as they've compiled 2,599 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,453 face off losses. On defense Nashville has blocked 1,110 shot attempts and they have 1,660 hits as a unit.
Who will win tonight's Blues/Predators NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take St. Louis +130 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take St. Louis +130
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.