Sunday, February 19, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning head to Pepsi Center to take on the Colorado Avalanche on Sunday, February 19, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Lightning at -155 and the Avalanche at +140. The over/under has been set at 5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Tampa Bay comes into this game having played 56 games. They have an overall record of 25-24-7 and away from home they have a record of 11-14-5. The currently are 7th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 154 goals and surrendered 160 goals for a point differential of -6. The Lightning have an overall record of 4-4-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 22-31 and an over/under record of 26-24-6. Colorado shows up with a record of 16-38-2 including 7-19-1 at home this season. They are 7th in the Central Division. They've scored 111 goals and surrendered 187 for a goal differential of -76. The Avalanche have a record of 3-7-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 16-40 while their over/under record sits at 22-25-9.
Victor Hedman has accumulated 44 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 8 goals this season with 104 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 8%. He has a total of 36 assists on the season and averages 24 minutes played per game. Nikita Kucherov has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 21 goals on 153 shots. He has 28 assists giving him a total of 49 points on the season. Andrei Vasilevskiy has 11 wins and 12 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 858 shots against him and has given up 76 goals. He has made 782 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Nathan MacKinnon has accumulated 38 total points this season for the Avalanche. He has 12 goals this season with 184 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 26 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Matt Duchene has averaged 19 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 13% by scoring 15 goals on 118 shots. He has 19 assists giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Calvin Pickard has 10 wins and 18 losses this season in net for the Avalanche. He has had 914 shots against him and has given up 85 goals. He has made 829 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Lightning have 57 total points this season. They have scored 154 goals while giving up 160 goals. They have had 200 power play opportunities and have scored 42 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. The Lightning have allowed 188 power play opportunities and given up 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.22% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Avalanche have a total of 34 points on the season. They have 25 power play goals on 171 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 15%. They have allowed 205 power play opportunities and have given up 45 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. As a team, the Lightning have a total of 111 goals scored while they've given up 187 goals to this point. They average 28 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 6.99%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%.
Tampa Bay has a Corsi percentage of 51% as they've attempted 3,118 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,999 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.5% as they have 2,345 attempts while they've given up 2,298 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 50.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.1% for the season. They have 1,653 face off wins compared to 1,735 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.8%. On defense Tampa Bay has 1,237 hits and they've blocked 701 shots from the opposition.
Colorado has attempted 2,894 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,186 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 47.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 47.2% as they have 2,177 shots while they've given up 2,433 attempts on defense. The Avalanche have an offensive zone percentage of 48.7% and their defensive zone percentage is 51.3% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 53.6% as they've compiled 1,843 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,598 face off losses. On defense Colorado has blocked 753 shot attempts and they have 1,241 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 22-31 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 26-24-6 against the over/under
Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 16-40 straight up
The Colorado Avalanche are 22-25-9 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
11/16/16 C Steven Stamkos Knee out 4 months
02/11/17 C Tyler Johnson Lower Body "?" Saturday vs Dallas
01/15/17 RW Ryan Callahan Hip expected to miss 4 weeks
Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/04/16 D Erik Johnson Fibula out indefinitely
02/16/17 RW Rene Bourque Concussion out indefinitely
01/26/17 GO Semyon Varlamov Hip out for season
Guy's Pick: Take Tampa Bay -155
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.