Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Canadian Tire Centre
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning travel to Canadian Tire Centre to play the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday, March 14, 2017. The opening line for this game has the Lightning at +127 and the Senators at -140. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Tampa Bay comes into this matchup having played 67 games. They have an overall record of 32-26-9 and on the road they have a record of 13-15-6. Currently they are 5th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 186 goals and given up 184 goals for a point differential of +2. The Lightning have an overall record of 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 28-35 and an over/under record of 30-30-7. Ottawa shows up with a record of 39-22-6 including 19-10-6 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 182 goals and surrendered 173 for a goal differential of +9. The Senators have a record of 8-2-0 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 35-28 while their over/under record sits at 27-38-2.
For expert handicapping advice on this game check out our NHL expert handicapper tips.
Nikita Kucherov has accumulated 67 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 31 goals this season with 203 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 36 assists on the season and averages 19.2 minutes played per game. Victor Hedman has averaged 24.2 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 13 goals on 135 shots. He has 45 assists giving him a total of 58 points on the season. Andrei Vasilevskiy has 16 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 1,115 shots against him and has given up 92 goals. He has made 1,023 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Erik Karlsson has accumulated 63 total points this season for the Senators. He has 13 goals this season with 181 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 7%. He has a total of 50 assists on the season and averages 26.6 minutes played per game. Kyle Turris has averaged 19.3 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 22 goals on 140 shots. He has 22 assists giving him a total of 44 points on the season. Mike Condon has 18 wins and 11 losses this season in net for the Senators. He has had 975 shots against him and has given up 85 goals. He has made 890 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
The Lightning have 73 total points this season. They have scored 186 goals while giving up 184 goals. They have had 233 power play opportunities and have scored 52 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Lightning have allowed 222 power play opportunities and given up 43 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.24% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Senators have a total of 84 points on the season. They have 37 power play goals on 209 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 211 power play opportunities and have given up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Lightning have a total of 182 goals scored while they've given up 173 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.05%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Tampa Bay has a Corsi percentage of 51.2% as they've attempted 3,759 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,582 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.6% as they have 2,832 attempts while they've given up 2,767 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 50.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.3% for the season. They have 1,983 face off wins compared to 2,093 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.7%. On defense has 1,461 hits and they've blocked 815 shots from the opposition.
Ottawa has attempted 3,711 shots at full strength and they've given up 4,010 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 48.1% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 48.8% as they have 2,751 shots while they've given up 2,888 attempts on defense. The Senators have an offensive zone percentage of 51.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 48.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 50.9% as they've compiled 2,098 face off wins this season and they have suffered 2,024 face off losses. On defense has blocked 1,122 shot attempts and they have 1,725 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 28-35 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 30-30-7 against the over/under
Ottawa Senators Betting Trends
The Ottawa Senators are 35-28 straight up
The Ottawa Senators are 27-38-2 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
03/13/17 C Cedric Paquette Lower Body expected to miss Monday vs. NY Rangers & Tuesday vs. Ottawa
03/13/17 C Tyler Johnson Lower Body is downgraded to doubtful Monday vs. NY Rangers
03/13/17 C Vladislav Namestnikov Lower Body is downgraded to doubtful Monday vs. NY Rangers
03/10/17 C Steven Stamkos Knee out indefinitely
01/15/17 RW Ryan Callahan Hip out for season
Ottawa Senators Injuries
10/09/16 LW Clarke MacArthur Concussion out for season
03/13/17 C Kyle Turris Finger is upgraded to probable Tuesday vs. Tampa Bay
03/13/17 RW Mark Stone Lower Body out indefinitely
02/27/17 GO Andrew Hammond Hip out for season
02/20/17 RW Bobby Ryan Finger out indefinitely
Josh's Pick: Take Ottawa -140
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.