Thursday, January 19, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Tampa Bay Lightning travel to SAP Center to play the San Jose Sharks on Thursday, January 19, 2017.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Tampa Bay comes into this matchup having played 46 games. They have an overall record of 21-20-5 and on the road they have a record of 9-12-3. Currently they are 6th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 126 goals and given up 135 goals for a point differential of -9. The Lightning have an overall record of 3-5-2 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 19-25 and an over/under record of 22-19-5. San Jose shows up with a record of 26-16-2 including 15-6-1 at home this season. They are 3rd in the Pacific Division. They've scored 117 goals and surrendered 102 for a goal differential of +15. The Sharks have a record of 5-4-1 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 24-18 while their over/under record sits at 10-21-13.
Nikita Kucherov has accumulated 41 total points this season for the Lightning. He has 17 goals this season with 123 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 24 assists on the season and averages 19 minutes played per game. Victor Hedman has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by scoring 7 goals on 85 shots. He has 31 assists giving him a total of 38 points on the season. Andrei Vasilevskiy has 10 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Lightning. He has had 688 shots against him and has given up 65 goals. He has made 623 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Joe Pavelski has accumulated 40 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 15 goals this season with 149 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 25 assists on the season and averages 20 minutes played per game. Brent Burns has averaged 25 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by scoring 18 goals on 173 shots. He has 27 assists giving him a total of 45 points on the season. Martin Jones has 22 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 1,000 shots against him and has given up 84 goals. He has made 916 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Lightning have 47 total points this season. They have scored 126 goals while giving up 135 goals. They have had 166 power play opportunities and have scored 38 goals on those chances for a percentage of 23%. The Lightning have allowed 157 power play opportunities and given up 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. They average 30 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.18% for the season to this point. They allow 30 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%.
The Sharks have a total of 54 points on the season. They have 23 power play goals on 139 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 17%. They have allowed 115 power play opportunities and have given up 20 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. As a team, the Lightning have a total of 117 goals scored while they've given up 102 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.76%. As a team they give up 27 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%.
Tampa Bay has a Corsi percentage of 50.7% as they've attempted 2,530 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,459 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.3% as they have 1,907 attempts while they've given up 1,883 shots on the defensive end. The Lightning start possessions in the offensive zone 50.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.2% for the season. They have 1,355 face off wins compared to 1,427 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.7%. On defense Tampa Bay has 1,010 hits and they've blocked 576 shots from the opposition.
San Jose has attempted 2,599 shots at full strength and they've given up 2,440 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 51.6% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 52.3% as they have 1,900 shots while they've given up 1,733 attempts on defense. The Sharks have an offensive zone percentage of 52.6% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.4% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48.2% as they've compiled 1,244 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,339 face off losses. On defense San Jose has blocked 707 shot attempts and they have 877 hits as a unit.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Trends
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 19-25 straight up
The Tampa Bay Lightning are 22-19-5 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 24-18 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 10-21-13 against the over/under
Tampa Bay Lightning Injuries
12/29/16 C Brayden Point Upper Body expected to miss 4-6 weeks
11/16/16 C Steven Stamkos Knee out 4 months
01/17/17 D Victor Hedman Illness "?" Thursday vs San Jose
01/15/17 RW Ryan Callahan Hip expected to miss 4 weeks
01/08/17 RW J.T. Brown Head out indefinitely
San Jose Sharks Injuries
11/21/16 C Tomas Hertl Knee out indefinitely
01/17/17 RW Joonas Donskoi Upper Body is downgraded to expected to miss Wednesday vs. Los Angeles
01/13/17 D Dylan Demelo Wrist out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Tampa Bay
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.