Tuesday, February 28, 2017
For Updated Odds on This Game Click Here
The Toronto Maple Leafs head to SAP Center to take on the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, February 28, 2017. The opening line for this contest has the Maple Leafs at +127 and the Sharks at -140. The over/under has been set at 5.5.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Toronto comes into this game having played 61 games. They have an overall record of 28-20-13 and away from home they have a record of 13-10-7. The currently are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 189 goals and surrendered 182 goals for a point differential of +7. The Maple Leafs have an overall record of 4-3-3 in their last 10 games. For the season they have an ATS record of 27-33 and an over/under record of 28-31-2. San Jose shows up with a record of 36-18-7 including 18-7-4 at home this season. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 170 goals and surrendered 145 for a goal differential of +25. The Sharks have a record of 4-1-5 in their last 10 contests. Their record against the spread is 34-25 while their over/under record sits at 15-27-19.
Nazem Kadri has accumulated 47 total points this season for the Maple Leafs. He has 25 goals this season with 188 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 16.6 minutes played per game. Auston Matthews has averaged 17.8 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 30 goals on 217 shots. He has 24 assists giving him a total of 54 points on the season. Frederik Andersen has 24 wins and 13 losses this season in net for the Maple Leafs. He has had 1,589 shots against him and has given up 136 goals. He has made 1,453 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Our handicappers are experts on NHL betting. Check out our NHL betting tips.
Brent Burns has accumulated 65 total points this season for the Sharks. He has 27 goals this season with 246 shots on goal giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 38 assists on the season and averages 24.9 minutes played per game. Joe Pavelski has averaged 19.4 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 20 goals on 185 shots. He has 33 assists giving him a total of 53 points on the season. Martin Jones has 29 wins and 15 losses this season in net for the Sharks. He has had 1,347 shots against him and has given up 115 goals. He has made 1,232 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
The Maple Leafs have 69 total points this season. They have scored 189 goals while giving up 182 goals. They have had 184 power play opportunities and have scored 41 goals on those chances for a percentage of 22%. The Maple Leafs have allowed 198 power play opportunities and given up 33 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%. They average 33 shots per game and as a team are shooting 9.43% for the season to this point. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%.
The Sharks have a total of 79 points on the season. They have 33 power play goals on 188 opportunities thus far for a percentage of 18%. They have allowed 154 power play opportunities and have given up 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. As a team, the Maple Leafs have a total of 170 goals scored while they've given up 145 goals to this point. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 9.16%. As a team they give up 28 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%.
Toronto has a Corsi percentage of 50.4% as they've attempted 3,765 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,706 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is at 50.2% as they have 2,831 attempts while they've given up 2,809 shots on the defensive end. The Maple Leafs start possessions in the offensive zone 50.6% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.4% for the season. They have 1,833 face off wins compared to 1,918 losses, meaning their faceoff win percentage is 48.9%. On defense has 1,506 hits and they've blocked 897 shots from the opposition.
San Jose has attempted 3,539 shots at full strength and they've given up 3,422 attempts, meaning their Corsi percentage is at 50.8% for the season. In terms of Fenwick percentage, they currently are at 51.9% as they have 2,640 shots while they've given up 2,448 attempts on defense. The Sharks have an offensive zone percentage of 52.8% and their defensive zone percentage is 47.2% so far this season. They have a faceoff win percentage of 48% as they've compiled 1,716 face off wins this season and they have suffered 1,858 face off losses. On defense has blocked 974 shot attempts and they have 1,154 hits as a unit.
Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Trends
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 27-33 straight up
The Toronto Maple Leafs are 28-31-2 against the over/under
San Jose Sharks Betting Trends
The San Jose Sharks are 34-25 straight up
The San Jose Sharks are 15-27-19 against the over/under
Toronto Maple Leafs Injuries
10/09/16 LW Joffrey Lupul Abdominal out indefinitely
10/09/16 RW Nathan Horton Back out indefinitely
02/25/17 D Connor Carrick Upper Body "?" Tuesday vs San Jose
02/25/17 C Tyler Bozak Upper Body "?" Tuesday vs San Jose
02/18/17 C Mitchell Marner Shoulder out indefinitely
San Jose Sharks Injuries
02/03/17 RW Joonas Donskoi Upper Body out indefinitely
01/23/17 C Micheal Haley Lower Body out indefinitely
01/13/17 D Dylan Demelo Wrist out indefinitely
Guy's Pick: Take Toronto +127
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.