Anaheim Ducks at Boston Bruins NHL Picks & Predictions 1/30/2018
Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Anaheim Ducks travel to TD Garden to play the Boston Bruins on Tuesday, January 30, 2018. The opening line for this game has the Ducks at +120 and the Bruins at -167.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Anaheim has a record of 24-17-9 this season and on the road they have a record of 10-8-6-5. They are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 141 goals and given up 141 goals for a point differential of 0. For the season they have an ATS record of 24-26-0 and an over/under record of 19-30-0. Boston is 29-10-8 including 16-5-4-0 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 156 goals and surrendered 116 for a goal differential of +40. Their record against the spread is 29-18-0 while their over/under record is 21-25-0.
Valuable Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 24-26-0 straight up this year
The Anaheim Ducks are 19-30-0 against the over/under this season
Important Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 29-18-0 straight up this year
The Boston Bruins are 21-25-0 against the over/under this season
Key Anaheim Ducks Injuries
12/01/17 LW Michael Liambas Upper Body IR (11/30)
10/22/17 RW Patrick Eaves Lower Body IR (10/14)
01/25/18 GO John Gibson Leg left last game, is "?" Tuesday vs Boston
Key Boston Bruins Injuries
01/25/18 C Noel Acciari Lower Body is "?" Tuesday vs Anaheim
01/24/18 LW Brad Marchand Suspension 5-game suspension (eligble to return 02/07 vs. NY Rangers)
01/22/18 D Charlie McAvoy Heart is out indefinitely
Rickard Rakell has accumulated 36 total points this season for the Ducks. He has 18 goals this year with 128 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 18 assists on the season and averages 19.4 minutes played per game. Brandon Montour averages 19.3 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 6 goals on 103 shots. He has 15 assists, giving him a total of 21 points on the season. John Gibson has 17 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Ducks. He has 1,252 shots against him and he's given up 100 goals. He's made 1,152 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Patrice Bergeron has scored 42 total points this year for the Bruins. He has 20 goals this season with 149 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 22 assists on the season and averages 19.6 minutes played per game. David Pastrnak averages 18 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 20 goals on 130 shots. He has 26 assists, giving him a total of 46 points on the season. Tuukka Rask has 19 wins and 8 losses this year in goal for the Bruins. He has 876 shots against him and he's surrendered 68 goals. He's made 808 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Ducks have 57 total points this season, which ranks them 12th in the NHL. They are 18th in the league in goals scored with 141 while they've given up 141 goals, ranking them 15th overall. They have had 139 power play opportunities and have scored 24 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. That is 23rd in the NHL. The Ducks have allowed 183 power play opportunities and have given up 32 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 83%, putting them 9th in the league when short-handed. They average 30 shots per game and as a team shoot 9.44% for the season. They allow 33 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 92%. That puts them 4th in the league in stopping the puck.
Useful Team Statistics
The Bruins are 3rd in the NHL with a total of 66 points this year. They have 32 power play goals on 147 opportunities for a percentage of 22%. That ranks them 7th in the league as a power play unit. They've allowed 141 power play opportunities and have given up 23 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%. That is 3rd in the NHL. As a team, the Bruins are 7th in the league with 156 goals scored while they've given up 116 goals, which is 31st overall. They average 32 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.42%. As a team they give up 29 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%. That is 5th in the NHL.
Anaheim has a Corsi percentage of 46.9% as they've tried 2,778 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 3,147 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 30th in Corsi percentage. They are 28th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 47.2% as they have 2,122 shots while they've given up 2,375 attempts on defense. The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 47.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 52.8% for the year. That puts them 31st and 1st in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 1,567 face-off wins as opposed to 1,475 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.5%. That is 5th overall in the NHL. On defense Anaheim has 1,195 hits and they've blocked 772 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 5th in the league.
The Bruins are 3rd in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 55.1% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 44.9% for the season, which is 29th in the NHL. They have 1,533 face-off wins compared to 1,418 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.9%. That is 6th in the league. On defense Boston has 1,149 hits and they have blocked 651 shots from the opposition, which is 29th in the league. Boston is 3rd in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.9% as they've attempted 2,762 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,562 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 52% ranks 6th as they have 2,071 attempts while they have given up 1,911 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Ducks/Bruins NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Boston -167 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Boston -167
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.