Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks NHL Picks & Predictions 4/5/2018
Thursday, April 5, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Arizona Coyotes travel to Rogers Arena to play the Vancouver Canucks on Thursday, April 5, 2018. The opening line for this game has the Coyotes at +100 and the Canucks at -110.
Arizona has a record of 29-40-11 this season and on the road they have a record of 13-20-7-2. They are 8th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 205 goals and given up 249 goals for a point differential of -44. For the season they have an ATS record of 29-51-0 and an over/under record of 37-42-0. Vancouver is 30-40-10 including 15-18-7-2 at home this season. They are 7th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 212 goals and surrendered 258 for a goal differential of -46. Their record against the spread is 30-50-0 while their over/under record is 44-36-0.
Valuable Arizona Coyotes Betting Trends
The Arizona Coyotes are 29-51-0 straight up this year
The Arizona Coyotes are 37-42-0 against the over/under this season
Important Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 30-50-0 straight up this year
The Vancouver Canucks are 44-36-0 against the over/under this season
Key Arizona Coyotes Injuries
03/26/18 D Niklas Hjalmarsson Lower Body is out for season
03/20/18 D Jason Demers Upper Body is out for season
03/11/18 C Laurent Dauphin Lower Body is out indefinitely
Key Vancouver Canucks Injuries
03/29/18 D Christopher Tanev Knee is out for season
03/20/18 D Ben Hutton Foot is out indefinitely
03/17/18 LW Loui Eriksson Ribs is out indefinitely
03/17/18 LW Sven Baertschi Shoulder is out indefinitely
03/15/18 D Erik Gudbranson Shoulder is out for season
03/08/18 RW Brock Boeser Back is out indefinitely
02/09/18 C Brendan Gaunce Foot IR (02/07)
02/09/18 C Markus Granlund Ankle IR (02/07)
Derek Stepan has accumulated 55 total points this season for the Coyotes. He has 13 goals this year with 205 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 6%. He has a total of 42 assists on the season and averages 19.2 minutes played per game. Clayton Keller averages 18 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 11% by scoring 23 goals on 204 shots. He has 41 assists, giving him a total of 64 points on the season. Antti Raanta has 21 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Coyotes. He has 1,362 shots against him and he's given up 95 goals. He's made 1,267 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Daniel Sedin has scored 53 total points this year for the Canucks. He has 21 goals this season with 174 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 15.2 minutes played per game. Brock Boeser averages 17.5 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 29 goals on 179 shots. He has 26 assists, giving him a total of 55 points on the season. Jacob Markstrom has 22 wins and 26 losses this year in goal for the Canucks. He has 1,726 shots against him and he's surrendered 151 goals. He's made 1,575 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Coyotes have 69 total points this season, which ranks them 28th in the NHL. They are 29th in the league in goals scored with 205 while they've given up 249 goals, ranking them 9th overall. They have had 237 power play opportunities and have scored 41 goals on those chances for a percentage of 17%. That is 25th in the NHL. The Coyotes have allowed 219 power play opportunities and have given up 44 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, putting them 18th in the league when short-handed. They average 30 shots per game and as a team shoot 8.54% for the season. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%. That puts them 20th in the league in stopping the puck.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canucks are 27th in the NHL with a total of 70 points this year. They have 52 power play goals on 240 opportunities for a percentage of 22%. That ranks them 10th in the league as a power play unit. They've allowed 272 power play opportunities and have given up 59 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%. That is 21st in the NHL. As a team, the Canucks are 26th in the league with 212 goals scored while they've given up 258 goals, which is 6th overall. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.89%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%. That is 26th in the NHL.
Arizona is 20th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 48.6%, as they've attempted 4,649 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,915 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 47.5% as they have 3,402 attempts while they have given up 3,761 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 24th in the league. The Coyotes start possessions in the offensive zone 48.5% of the time, which is 21st in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.5% for the season. That is 3rd overall in the NHL. They have 2,380 face-off wins compared to 2,596 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 47.8%. That ranks them 27th in the league. On defense Arizona has 1,962 hits and they have blocked 1,154 shots from the opposition, putting them 19th overall.
The Canucks start possessions in the offensive zone 48.9% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.1% for the year. That ranks them 27th and 11th respectively in the NHL. They have 2,362 face-off wins as opposed to 2,415 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.4%. That is 25th in the league. On defense Vancouver has 1,706 hits and they've blocked 1,119 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 25th in blocked shots. Vancouver is ranked 26th in Corsi percentage with 48% as they've tried 4,328 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 4,690 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 27th in the NHL at 47.8%, as they have 3,264 shots while they've given up 3,571 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Coyotes/Canucks NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Vancouver -110
Tony's Pick: Take Vancouver -110
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.