Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks NHL Picks & Predictions 2/1/2018
Thursday, February 1, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Chicago Blackhawks head to Rogers Arena to take on the Vancouver Canucks on Thursday, February 1, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Blackhawks at +100 and the Canucks at -110.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Chicago has a record of 24-19-7 this year and away from home they have a record of 12-9-4-1. They are 7th in the Central Division. They have tallied 148 goals and surrendered 137 goals for a point differential of +11. For the year they have an ATS mark of 24-26-0 and an over/under record of 21-27-0. Vancouver has a record of 20-24-6 including 9-13-3-1 on home ice this year. They are 7th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 131 goals and have given up 162 for a goal differential of -31. Their record against the spread is 20-30-0 while their over/under mark is 28-22-0.
Valuable Chicago Blackhawks Betting Trends
The Chicago Blackhawks are 24-26-0 straight up this year
The Chicago Blackhawks are 21-27-0 against the over/under this season
Important Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 20-30-0 straight up this year
The Vancouver Canucks are 28-22-0 against the over/under this season
Key Chicago Blackhawks Injuries
12/27/17 GO Corey Crawford Vertigo IR (12/26)
10/05/17 RW Marian Hossa Infection IR (10/03)
10/05/15 D Michal Rozsival Upper Body IR (10/03)
Key Vancouver Canucks Injuries
01/30/18 D Erik Gudbranson Back is "?" Thursday vs Chicago
Jonathan Toews has scored 32 total points this year for the Blackhawks. He has 14 goals this season with 145 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 10%. He has a total of 18 assists on the year and averages 19.7 minutes played per contest. Patrick Kane averages 20.3 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by tallying 20 goals on 173 attempts. He has 30 assists, giving him a total of 50 points on the year. Jeff Glass has 3 wins and 3 losses this season in goal for the Blackhawks. He has 288 shots against him and he's surrendered 26 goals. He's made 262 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
Brock Boeser has 44 total points this season for the Canucks. He has 24 goals this year with 141 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 17%. He has a total of 20 assists on the year and averages 17.1 minutes played per contest. Thomas Vanek averages 14.1 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 14 goals on 97 attempts. He has 22 assists, giving him a total of 36 points on the year. Jacob Markstrom has 14 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Canucks. He has 1,072 shots against him and he's given up 99 goals. He's made 973 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Blackhawks have 55 total points this year, which is 20th in the NHL. They've scored 148 goals while giving up 137 scores, which has them ranked 13th and 23rd respectively. They have had 183 power play chances and scored 28 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 15%. That is 28th in the league. The Blackhawks have given up 156 power play opportunities and surrendered 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%, ranking them 13th when short-handed. They average 34 shots per contest and as a team shoot 8.59% for the year. They allow 33 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 92%, which is 8th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canucks are 28th in the league with a total of 46 points this season. They have 37 power play goals on 167 chances for a percentage of 22%. That is 6th in the NHL. They've given up 170 power play opportunities and surrendered 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%, ranking 25th overall. As a team, the Canucks are 26th with a total of 131 goals scored while they've given up 162 goals this season, ranking 5th in goals against. They average 30 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 8.78%. As a unit they give up 32 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them 25th overall in the NHL.
Chicago is 2nd in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 52.9%, as they've attempted 3,283 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,922 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 50.9% as they have 2,310 attempts while they have given up 2,230 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 12th in the league. The Blackhawks start possessions in the offensive zone 57% of the time, which is 2nd in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 43% for the season. That is 30th overall in the NHL. They have 1,536 face-off wins compared to 1,564 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.5%. That ranks them 16th in the league. On defense Chicago has 906 hits and they have blocked 692 shots from the opposition, putting them 25th overall.
The Canucks start possessions in the offensive zone 50.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.3% for the year. That ranks them 18th and 20th respectively in the NHL. They have 1,491 face-off wins as opposed to 1,558 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.9%. That is 23rd in the league. On defense Vancouver has 946 hits and they've blocked 663 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 28th in blocked shots. Vancouver is ranked 21st in Corsi percentage with 48.5% as they've tried 2,696 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 2,866 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 27th in the NHL at 47.8%, as they have 2,019 shots while they've given up 2,203 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Blackhawks/Canucks NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Chicago +100 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Chicago +100
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.