Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks NHL Picks & Predictions 1/30/2018
Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Colorado Avalanche head to Rogers Arena to take on the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday, January 30, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Avalanche at -110 and the Canucks at -125.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Colorado has a record of 27-18-3 this year and away from home they have a record of 9-11-2-1. They are 5th in the Central Division. They have tallied 157 goals and surrendered 139 goals for a point differential of +18. For the year they have an ATS mark of 27-21-0 and an over/under record of 26-20-0. Vancouver has a record of 19-24-6 including 8-13-3-1 on home ice this year. They are 7th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 127 goals and have given up 159 for a goal differential of -32. Their record against the spread is 19-30-0 while their over/under mark is 27-22-0.
Valuable Colorado Avalanche Betting Trends
The Colorado Avalanche are 27-21-0 straight up this year
The Colorado Avalanche are 26-20-0 against the over/under this season
Important Vancouver Canucks Betting Trends
The Vancouver Canucks are 19-30-0 straight up this year
The Vancouver Canucks are 27-22-0 against the over/under this season
Key Colorado Avalanche Injuries
12/27/17 D Tyson Barrie Hand IR (12/23)
12/18/17 D Sergei Boikov Shoulder is out indefinitely
11/19/17 C Vladislav Kamenev Arm IR (11/16)
01/28/18 LW J.T. Compher Illness is "?" Tuesday vs Vancouver
01/28/18 D Mark Barberio Lower Body is "?" Tuesday vs Vancouver
01/25/18 C Colin Wilson Flu is "?" Tuesday vs Vancouver
01/16/18 RW Sven Andrighetto Leg IR (01/01)
01/03/18 GO Semyon Varlamov Groin IR (01/02)
Key Vancouver Canucks Injuries
01/25/18 D Erik Gudbranson Back is "?" Tuesday vs Colorado
Nathan MacKinnon has scored 60 total points this year for the Avalanche. He has 24 goals this season with 162 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 36 assists on the year and averages 19.5 minutes played per contest. Mikko Rantanen averages 18.6 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by tallying 17 goals on 110 attempts. He has 30 assists, giving him a total of 47 points on the year. Jonathan Bernier has 14 wins and 9 losses this season in goal for the Avalanche. He has 745 shots against him and he's surrendered 60 goals. He's made 685 stops for a save percentage of 92%.
Brock Boeser has 43 total points this season for the Canucks. He has 24 goals this year with 137 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 18%. He has a total of 19 assists on the year and averages 17 minutes played per contest. Thomas Vanek averages 14.1 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by scoring 14 goals on 97 attempts. He has 21 assists, giving him a total of 35 points on the year. Jacob Markstrom has 13 wins and 16 losses this season in net for the Canucks. He has 1,042 shots against him and he's given up 96 goals. He's made 946 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Avalanche have 57 total points this year, which is 13th in the NHL. They've scored 157 goals while giving up 139 scores, which has them ranked 6th and 18th respectively. They have had 183 power play chances and scored 37 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 20%. That is 11th in the league. The Avalanche have given up 173 power play opportunities and surrendered 28 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 84%, ranking them 2nd when short-handed. They average 30 shots per contest and as a team shoot 10.92% for the year. They allow 33 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is 15th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canucks are 28th in the league with a total of 44 points this season. They have 36 power play goals on 163 chances for a percentage of 22%. That is 6th in the NHL. They've given up 166 power play opportunities and surrendered 37 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 78%, ranking 25th overall. As a team, the Canucks are 27th with a total of 127 goals scored while they've given up 159 goals this season, ranking 5th in goals against. They average 30 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 8.66%. As a unit they give up 32 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them 25th overall in the NHL.
Colorado has a Corsi percentage of 47.5% as they've tried 2,629 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 2,900 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 24th in Corsi percentage. They are 23rd in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 47.6% as they have 1,950 shots while they've given up 2,143 attempts on defense. The Avalanche start possessions in the offensive zone 48.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.6% for the year. That puts them 25th and 3rd in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 1,290 face-off wins as opposed to 1,622 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 44.3%. That is 31st overall in the NHL. On defense Colorado has 904 hits and they've blocked 757 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 11th in the league.
The Canucks start possessions in the offensive zone 50.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.3% for the year. That ranks them 18th and 20th respectively in the NHL. They have 1,463 face-off wins as opposed to 1,540 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.7%. That is 23rd in the league. On defense Vancouver has 932 hits and they've blocked 652 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 28th in blocked shots. Vancouver is ranked 21st in Corsi percentage with 48.5% as they've tried 2,643 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 2,811 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 27th in the NHL at 47.8%, as they have 1,979 shots while they've given up 2,159 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Avalanche/Canucks NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Colorado -110
Josh's Pick: Take Colorado -110
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.