Dallas Stars at Detroit Red Wings NHL Picks & Predictions 1/16/2018
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Little Ceasars Arena
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Dallas Stars head to Little Ceasars Arena to take on the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday, January 16, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Stars at -130 and the Red Wings at +118.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Dallas has a record of 24-17-3 this year and away from home they have a record of 8-11-2-1. They are 5th in the Central Division. They have tallied 133 goals and surrendered 122 goals for a point differential of +11. For the year they have an ATS mark of 24-20-0 and an over/under record of 25-18-0. Detroit has a record of 18-18-7 including 10-7-6-1 on home ice this year. They are 4th in the Atlantic Division. They've scored 117 goals and have given up 131 for a goal differential of -14. Their record against the spread is 18-25-0 while their over/under mark is 20-23-0.
Valuable Dallas Stars Betting Trends
The Dallas Stars are 24-20-0 straight up this year
The Dallas Stars are 25-18-0 against the over/under this season
Important Detroit Red Wings Betting Trends
The Detroit Red Wings are 18-25-0 straight up this year
The Detroit Red Wings are 20-23-0 against the over/under this season
Key Dallas Stars Injuries
01/12/18 D Marc Methot Knee IR (01/4)
Key Detroit Red Wings Injuries
01/14/18 LW Darren Helm Lower Body missed last game, is doubtful Tuesday vs Dallas
01/14/18 LW Justin Abdelkader Lower Body missed last game, is doubtful Tuesday vs Dallas
01/07/18 RW Luke Glendening Hand IR (12/22)
Jamie Benn has scored 40 total points this year for the Stars. He has 18 goals this season with 135 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 22 assists on the year and averages 19.4 minutes played per contest. Tyler Seguin averages 20.2 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 12% by tallying 21 goals on 182 attempts. He has 19 assists, giving him a total of 40 points on the year. Ben Bishop has 19 wins and 12 losses this season in goal for the Stars. He has 1,003 shots against him and he's surrendered 84 goals. He's made 919 stops for a save percentage of 92%.
Anthony Mantha has 29 total points this season for the Red Wings. He has 15 goals this year with 98 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 14 assists on the year and averages 16.8 minutes played per contest. Henrik Zetterberg averages 19.6 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 6 goals on 98 attempts. He has 25 assists, giving him a total of 31 points on the year. Petr Mrazek has 4 wins and 5 losses this season in net for the Red Wings. He has 348 shots against him and he's given up 37 goals. He's made 311 saves for a save percentage of 89%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Stars have 51 total points this year, which is 14th in the NHL. They've scored 133 goals while giving up 122 scores, which has them ranked 12th and 24th respectively. They have had 133 power play chances and scored 26 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 20%. That is 14th in the league. The Stars have given up 151 power play opportunities and surrendered 29 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%, ranking them 17th when short-handed. They average 31 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.61% for the year. They allow 30 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is 20th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Red Wings are 24th in the league with a total of 43 points this season. They have 26 power play goals on 137 chances for a percentage of 19%. That is 17th in the NHL. They've given up 137 power play opportunities and surrendered 26 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%, ranking 16th overall. As a team, the Red Wings are 26th with a total of 117 goals scored while they've given up 131 goals this season, ranking 11th in goals against. They average 30 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 8.95%. As a unit they give up 32 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 22nd overall in the NHL.
Dallas is 6th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.7%, as they've attempted 2,592 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,421 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 51.5% as they have 1,897 attempts while they have given up 1,784 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 8th in the league. The Stars start possessions in the offensive zone 48.2% of the time, which is 26th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.8% for the season. That is 5th overall in the NHL. They have 1,480 face-off wins compared to 1,314 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 53%. That ranks them 1st in the league. On defense Dallas has 911 hits and they have blocked 637 shots from the opposition, putting them 17th overall.
The Red Wings start possessions in the offensive zone 50.2% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 49.8% for the year. That ranks them 18th and 11th respectively in the NHL. They have 1,303 face-off wins as opposed to 1,377 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.6%. That is 22nd in the league. On defense Detroit has 880 hits and they've blocked 575 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 31st in blocked shots. Detroit is ranked 19th in Corsi percentage with 48.9% as they've tried 2,344 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 2,447 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 17th in the NHL at 49.4%, as they have 1,830 shots while they've given up 1,872 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Stars/Red Wings NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Dallas -130 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Dallas -130
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.