Minnesota Wild at Arizona Coyotes NHL Picks & Predictions 3/17/2018
Saturday, March 17, 2018
Gila River Arena
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Minnesota Wild travel to Gila River Arena to play the Arizona Coyotes on Saturday, March 17, 2018. The opening line for this game has the Wild at -185 and the Coyotes at +166.
Minnesota has a record of 39-24-7 this season and on the road they have a record of 15-18-1-1. They are 3rd in the Central Division. They've scored 217 goals and given up 203 goals for a point differential of +14. For the season they have an ATS record of 39-31-0 and an over/under record of 36-30-0. Arizona is 23-36-11 including 14-19-4-3 at home this season. They are 8th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 169 goals and surrendered 225 for a goal differential of -56. Their record against the spread is 23-47-0 while their over/under record is 32-37-0.
Valuable Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 39-31-0 straight up this year
The Minnesota Wild are 36-30-0 against the over/under this season
Important Arizona Coyotes Betting Trends
The Arizona Coyotes are 23-47-0 straight up this year
The Arizona Coyotes are 32-37-0 against the over/under this season
Key Minnesota Wild Injuries
03/15/18 D Jared Spurgeon Groin is out indefinitely
03/05/18 C Luke Kunin ACL is out for season
Key Arizona Coyotes Injuries
03/16/18 GO Antti Raanta Lower Body is "?" Saturday vs Minnesota
03/16/18 LW Zac Rinaldo Upper Body is "?" Saturday vs Minnesota
03/11/18 C Laurent Dauphin Lower Body is out indefinitely
Eric Staal has accumulated 68 total points this season for the Wild. He has 37 goals this year with 199 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 19%. He has a total of 31 assists on the season and averages 17.8 minutes played per game. Jason Zucker averages 17 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 28 goals on 184 shots. He has 26 assists, giving him a total of 54 points on the season. Devan Dubnyk has 30 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Wild. He has 1,512 shots against him and he's given up 128 goals. He's made 1,384 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Clayton Keller has scored 51 total points this year for the Coyotes. He has 19 goals this season with 176 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 32 assists on the season and averages 18.1 minutes played per game. Derek Stepan averages 19.3 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 7% by scoring 12 goals on 184 shots. He has 33 assists, giving him a total of 45 points on the season. Antti Raanta has 15 wins and 15 losses this year in goal for the Coyotes. He has 1,130 shots against him and he's surrendered 86 goals. He's made 1,044 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Wild have 85 total points this season, which ranks them 9th in the NHL. They are 10th in the league in goals scored with 217 while they've given up 203 goals, ranking them 20th overall. They have had 210 power play opportunities and have scored 44 goals on those chances for a percentage of 21%. That is 12th in the NHL. The Wild have allowed 237 power play opportunities and have given up 49 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, putting them 20th in the league when short-handed. They average 30 shots per game and as a team shoot 10.17% for the season. They allow 32 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%. That puts them 16th in the league in stopping the puck.
Useful Team Statistics
The Coyotes are 30th in the NHL with a total of 57 points this year. They have 35 power play goals on 212 opportunities for a percentage of 17%. That ranks them 27th in the league as a power play unit. They've allowed 189 power play opportunities and have given up 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%. That is 19th in the NHL. As a team, the Coyotes are 30th in the league with 169 goals scored while they've given up 225 goals, which is 8th overall. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 8.02%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 90%. That is 25th in the NHL.
Minnesota has a Corsi percentage of 46.9% as they've tried 3,737 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 4,224 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 29th in Corsi percentage. They are 24th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 48% as they have 2,879 shots while they've given up 3,118 attempts on defense. The Wild start possessions in the offensive zone 48.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.3% for the year. That puts them 23rd and 7th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 2,076 face-off wins as opposed to 2,074 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50%. That is 15th overall in the NHL. On defense Minnesota has 1,170 hits and they've blocked 1,106 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 6th in the league.
The Coyotes are 28th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 48.4% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 51.6% for the season, which is 3rd in the NHL. They have 2,063 face-off wins compared to 2,253 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 47.8%. That is 26th in the league. On defense Arizona has 1,716 hits and they have blocked 992 shots from the opposition, which is 21st in the league. Arizona is 19th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 49.2% as they've attempted 4,108 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 4,248 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 47.9% ranks 22nd as they have 2,991 attempts while they have given up 3,256 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Wild/Coyotes NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Arizona +166 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Arizona +166
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's Expert Expert NHL Picks.