Minnesota Wild at Vegas Golden Knights NHL Picks & Predictions 3/16/2018
Friday, March 16, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Minnesota Wild head to T-Mobile Arena to take on the Vegas Golden Knights on Friday, March 16, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Wild at +153 and the Golden Knights at -170.
Minnesota has a record of 39-24-7 this year and away from home they have a record of 15-18-1-1. They are 3rd in the Central Division. They have tallied 217 goals and surrendered 203 goals for a point differential of +14. For the year they have an ATS mark of 39-31-0 and an over/under record of 36-30-0. Vegas has a record of 45-20-5 including 24-8-2-1 on home ice this year. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 238 goals and have given up 195 for a goal differential of +43. Their record against the spread is 45-25-0 while their over/under mark is 37-31-0.
Valuable Minnesota Wild Betting Trends
The Minnesota Wild are 39-31-0 straight up this year
The Minnesota Wild are 36-30-0 against the over/under this season
Important Vegas Golden Knights Betting Trends
The Vegas Golden Knights are 45-25-0 straight up this year
The Vegas Golden Knights are 37-31-0 against the over/under this season
Key Minnesota Wild Injuries
03/15/18 D Jared Spurgeon Groin is out indefinitely
03/05/18 C Luke Kunin ACL is out for season
Key Vegas Golden Knights Injuries
10/06/17 D Clayton Stoner Abdominal IR (10/02)
03/14/18 LW James Neal Hand is "?" Friday vs Minnesota
03/14/18 RW Reilly Smith Upper Body is "?" Friday vs Minnesota
03/09/18 C Oscar Lindberg Concussion is out indefinitely
03/02/18 D Luca Sbisa Undisclosed is out indefinitely
02/10/18 GO Malcolm Subban Upper Body IR (02/09)
02/10/18 LW William Carrier Upper Body IR (02/04)
Jason Zucker has scored 54 total points this year for the Wild. He has 28 goals this season with 184 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 26 assists on the year and averages 17 minutes played per contest. Eric Staal averages 17.8 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 19% by tallying 37 goals on 199 attempts. He has 31 assists, giving him a total of 68 points on the year. Devan Dubnyk has 30 wins and 14 losses this season in goal for the Wild. He has 1,512 shots against him and he's surrendered 128 goals. He's made 1,384 stops for a save percentage of 92%.
Jon Marchessault has 65 total points this season for the Golden Knights. He has 22 goals this year with 233 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 9%. He has a total of 43 assists on the year and averages 17.4 minutes played per contest. William Karlsson averages 18.6 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 23% by scoring 36 goals on 160 attempts. He has 26 assists, giving him a total of 62 points on the year. Marc-Andre Fleury has 25 wins and 10 losses this season in net for the Golden Knights. He has 1,158 shots against him and he's given up 84 goals. He's made 1,074 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Wild have 85 total points this year, which is 7th in the NHL. They've scored 217 goals while giving up 203 scores, which has them ranked 10th and 18th respectively. They have had 210 power play chances and scored 44 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 21%. That is 12th in the league. The Wild have given up 237 power play opportunities and surrendered 49 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, ranking them 20th when short-handed. They average 30 shots per contest and as a team shoot 10.17% for the year. They allow 32 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 91%, which is 16th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Golden Knights are 4th in the league with a total of 95 points this season. They have 47 power play goals on 214 chances for a percentage of 22%. That is 6th in the NHL. They've given up 201 power play opportunities and surrendered 40 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking 16th overall. As a team, the Golden Knights are 2nd with a total of 238 goals scored while they've given up 195 goals this season, ranking 23rd in goals against. They average 33 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 10.29%. As a unit they give up 31 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 17th overall in the NHL.
Minnesota has a Corsi percentage of 46.9% as they've tried 3,737 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 4,224 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 29th in Corsi percentage. They are 24th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 48% as they have 2,879 shots while they've given up 3,118 attempts on defense. The Wild start possessions in the offensive zone 48.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.3% for the year. That puts them 23rd and 7th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 2,076 face-off wins as opposed to 2,074 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50%. That is 15th overall in the NHL. On defense Minnesota has 1,170 hits and they've blocked 1,106 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 6th in the league.
The Golden Knights are 7th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 52.9% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 47.1% for the season, which is 28th in the NHL. They have 2,110 face-off wins compared to 2,201 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.9%. That is 25th in the league. On defense Vegas has 1,403 hits and they have blocked 997 shots from the opposition, which is 20th in the league. Vegas is 6th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.9% as they've attempted 4,287 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,977 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 51.7% ranks 9th as they have 3,189 attempts while they have given up 2,980 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Wild/Golden Knights NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Minnesota +153
Guy's Pick: Take Minnesota +153
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.