Montreal Canadiens at Vegas Golden Knights NHL Picks & Predictions 2/17/2018
Saturday, February 17, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Montreal Canadiens head to T-Mobile Arena to take on the Vegas Golden Knights on Saturday, February 17, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Canadiens at +210 and the Golden Knights at -235.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Montreal has a record of 22-28-7 this year and away from home they have a record of 8-18-1-1. They are 6th in the Atlantic Division. They have tallied 146 goals and surrendered 179 goals for a point differential of -33. For the year they have an ATS mark of 22-35-0 and an over/under record of 24-31-0. Vegas has a record of 38-15-4 including 21-4-2-1 on home ice this year. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 196 goals and have given up 155 for a goal differential of +41. Their record against the spread is 38-19-0 while their over/under mark is 32-23-0.
Valuable Montreal Canadiens Betting Trends
The Montreal Canadiens are 22-35-0 straight up this year
The Montreal Canadiens are 24-31-0 against the over/under this season
Important Vegas Golden Knights Betting Trends
The Vegas Golden Knights are 38-19-0 straight up this year
The Vegas Golden Knights are 32-23-0 against the over/under this season
Key Montreal Canadiens Injuries
12/18/17 D Shea Weber Foot IR (12/17)
10/22/17 RW Ales Hemsky Concussion IR (10/20)
02/15/18 LW Phillip Danault Concussion is "?" Saturday vs Vegas
01/15/18 RW Andrew Shaw Lower Body IR (01/14)
Key Vegas Golden Knights Injuries
10/06/17 D Clayton Stoner Abdominal IR (10/02)
02/10/18 GO Malcolm Subban Upper Body IR (02/10)
02/10/18 LW William Carrier Upper Body IR (02/07)
01/10/18 D Luca Sbisa Hand IR (01/08)
01/05/18 D Jon Merrill Lower Body IR (01/04)
Brendan Gallagher has scored 32 total points this year for the Canadiens. He has 20 goals this season with 184 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 12 assists on the year and averages 15.6 minutes played per contest. Max Pacioretty averages 19.2 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 8% by tallying 16 goals on 198 attempts. He has 17 assists, giving him a total of 33 points on the year. Carey Price has 15 wins and 20 losses this season in goal for the Canadiens. He has 1,214 shots against him and he's surrendered 113 goals. He's made 1,101 stops for a save percentage of 91%.
James Neal has 38 total points this season for the Golden Knights. He has 24 goals this year with 160 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 14 assists on the year and averages 17.3 minutes played per contest. David Perron averages 17.7 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 14 goals on 93 attempts. He has 37 assists, giving him a total of 51 points on the year. Marc-Andre Fleury has 17 wins and 6 losses this season in net for the Golden Knights. He has 764 shots against him and he's given up 52 goals. He's made 712 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Canadiens have 51 total points this year, which is 26th in the NHL. They've scored 144 goals while giving up 174 scores, which has them ranked 29th and 9th respectively. They have had 171 power play chances and scored 36 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 21%. That is 11th in the league. The Canadiens have given up 177 power play opportunities and surrendered 38 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 79%, ranking them 23rd when short-handed. They average 34 shots per contest and as a team shoot 7.57% for the year. They allow 32 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 90%, which is 24th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Golden Knights are 3rd in the league with a total of 78 points this season. They have 37 power play goals on 178 chances for a percentage of 21%. That is 14th in the NHL. They've given up 163 power play opportunities and surrendered 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%, ranking 13th overall. As a team, the Golden Knights are 4th with a total of 192 goals scored while they've given up 154 goals this season, ranking 26th in goals against. They average 33 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 10.40%. As a unit they give up 30 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 91%, putting them 18th overall in the NHL.
Montreal is 12th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.9%, as they've attempted 3,500 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 3,373 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 51.3% as they have 2,557 attempts while they have given up 2,431 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 12th in the league. The Canadiens start possessions in the offensive zone 52.8% of the time, which is 7th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.2% for the season. That is 24th overall in the NHL. They have 1,661 face-off wins compared to 1,808 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 47.9%. That ranks them 28th in the league. On defense Montreal has 1,445 hits and they have blocked 942 shots from the opposition, putting them 1st overall.
The Golden Knights start possessions in the offensive zone 52.7% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.3% for the year. That ranks them 10th and 27th respectively in the NHL. They have 1,678 face-off wins as opposed to 1,737 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.1%. That is 24th in the league. On defense Vegas has 1,063 hits and they've blocked 820 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 17th in blocked shots. Vegas is ranked 10th in Corsi percentage with 52.1% as they've tried 3,408 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 3,133 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 9th in the NHL at 52.4%, as they have 2,543 shots while they've given up 2,313 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Canadiens/Golden Knights NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Montreal +210 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take Montreal +210
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.