Nashville Predators at Calgary Flames NHL Picks & Predictions 12/8/2018
Saturday, December 8, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Nashville Predators head to Scotiabank Saddledome to take on the Calgary Flames on Saturday, December 8, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Predators at +110 and the Flames at -143.
Nashville has a record of 19-9-1 this year. They are 1st in the Central Division. They've tallied 93 goals and surrendered 72 goals for a point differential of +21. For the year they have an ATS mark of 19-9-0 and an over/under record of 12-15-0. Calgary has a record of 18-9-2 this season. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They have scored 102 goals and given up 82 for a goal differential of +20. Their record against the spread is 17-11-0 while their over/under mark is 14-13-0.
Valuable Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 19-9-0 straight up this year
The Nashville Predators are 12-15-0 against the over/under this season
Important Calgary Flames Betting Trends
The Calgary Flames are 17-11-0 straight up this year
The Calgary Flames are 14-13-0 against the over/under this season
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
12/02/18 LW Filip Forsberg Upper Body is OUT 4-6 weeks
11/25/18 C Kyle Turris Undisclosed is out indefinitely
11/15/18 D P.K. Subban Undisclosed IR (11/15)
11/12/18 LW Viktor Arvidsson Upper Body IR (11/12)
10/25/18 D Dan Hamhuis Undisclosed is out indefinitely
Key Calgary Flames Injuries
11/28/18 D Juuso Valimaki Lower Body is out indefinitely
Roman Josi has scored 20 total points this year for the Predators. He has 5 goals this season with 108 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 5%. He has a total of 15 assists on the year and averages 25.3 minutes played per contest. Ryan Johansen averages 19.5 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 10% by tallying 5 goals on 51 attempts. He has 20 assists, giving him a total of 25 points on the year. Pekka Rinne has 12 wins and 5 losses this season in goal for the Predators. He has 532 shots against him and he's surrendered 37 goals. He's made 495 stops for a save percentage of 93%.
Sean Monahan has 33 total points this season for the Flames. He has 17 goals this year with 88 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 19%. He has a total of 16 assists on the year and averages 19.6 minutes played per contest. Johnny Gaudreau averages 20.1 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 12 goals on 83 attempts. He has 25 assists, giving him a total of 37 points on the year. Mike Smith has 10 wins and 7 losses this season in net for the Flames. He has 452 shots against him and he's given up 49 goals. He's made 403 saves for a save percentage of 89%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators have 39 total points this year, which is 3rd in the NHL. They've scored 93 goals while giving up 72 scores, which has them ranked 11th and 29th respectively. They have had 103 power play chances and scored 16 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 16%. That is 26th in the league. The Predators have given up 93 power play opportunities and surrendered 18 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%, ranking them 11th when short-handed. They average 32 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.96% for the year. They allow 29 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 92%, which is 5th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Flames are 6th in the league with a total of 38 points this season. They have 24 power play goals on 103 chances for a percentage of 23%. That is 11th in the NHL. They've given up 92 power play opportunities and surrendered 21 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 77%, ranking 22nd overall. As a team, the Flames are 6th with a total of 102 goals scored while they've given up 82 goals this season, ranking 21st in goals against. They average 33 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 10.65%. As a unit they give up 28 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 90%, putting them 20th overall in the NHL.
Nashville is 6th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 53.3%, as they've attempted 1,713 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,498 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 53.5% as they have 1,300 attempts while they have given up 1,128 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 5th in the league. The Predators start possessions in the offensive zone 52.8% of the time, which is 8th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 47.2% for the season. That is 23rd overall in the NHL. They have 951 face-off wins compared to 869 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.3%. That ranks them 3rd in the league. On defense Nashville has 480 hits and they have blocked 370 shots from the opposition, putting them 27th overall.
The Flames are 2nd in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 56% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 44% for the season, which is 30th in the NHL. They have 881 face-off wins compared to 818 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.9%. That is 10th in the league. On defense Calgary has 432 hits and they have blocked 356 shots from the opposition, which is 30th in the league. Calgary is 4th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 54.3% as they've attempted 1,766 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 1,487 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 53.8% ranks 4th as they have 1,318 attempts while they have given up 1,131 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Predators/Flames NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Nashville +110
Guy's Pick: Take Nashville +110
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.