New York Islanders at Vegas Golden Knights NHL Picks & Predictions 1/25/2018
Thursday, January 25, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The New York Islanders travel to T-Mobile Arena to play the Vegas Golden Knights on Thursday, January 25, 2018. The opening line for this game has the Islanders at +166 and the Golden Knights at -185.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
New York has a record of 24-20-5 this season and on the road they have a record of 11-13-2-0. They are 7th in the Metropolitan Division. They've scored 170 goals and given up 179 goals for a point differential of -9. For the season they have an ATS record of 24-25-0 and an over/under record of 32-14-0. Vegas is 32-11-4 including 19-2-2-1 at home this season. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 163 goals and surrendered 126 for a goal differential of +37. Their record against the spread is 32-15-0 while their over/under record is 26-19-0.
Valuable New York Islanders Betting Trends
The New York Islanders are 24-25-0 straight up this year
The New York Islanders are 32-14-0 against the over/under this season
Important Vegas Golden Knights Betting Trends
The Vegas Golden Knights are 32-15-0 straight up this year
The Vegas Golden Knights are 26-19-0 against the over/under this season
Key New York Islanders Injuries
12/28/17 D Johnny Boychuk Lower Body IR (12/27)
12/18/17 D Calvin de Haan Shoulder IR (12/16)
11/08/17 LW Nikolay Kulemin Shoulder IR (11/06)
01/20/18 LW Shane Prince Undisclosed is out indefinitely
01/19/18 C Casey Cizikas Upper Body IR (01/12)
01/14/18 LW Andrew Ladd Upper Body IR (01/05)
Key Vegas Golden Knights Injuries
10/06/17 D Clayton Stoner Abdominal IR (10/02)
01/23/18 D Brayden McNabb Undisclosed left last game, is "?" Thursday vs NY Islanders
01/18/18 LW Tomas Nosek Upper Body IR (01/16)
01/10/18 D Luca Sbisa Hand IR (01/08)
01/05/18 D Jon Merrill Lower Body IR (01/04)
Anders Lee has accumulated 42 total points this season for the Islanders. He has 27 goals this year with 117 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 23%. He has a total of 15 assists on the season and averages 17.2 minutes played per game. Josh Bailey averages 17.9 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 12 goals on 78 shots. He has 42 assists, giving him a total of 54 points on the season. Jaroslav Halak has 14 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Islanders. He has 1,044 shots against him and he's given up 98 goals. He's made 946 saves for a save percentage of 91%.
David Perron has scored 40 total points this year for the Golden Knights. He has 11 goals this season with 73 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 29 assists on the season and averages 17.7 minutes played per game. James Neal averages 17.4 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 16% by scoring 22 goals on 139 shots. He has 12 assists, giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury has 12 wins and 3 losses this year in goal for the Golden Knights. He has 531 shots against him and he's surrendered 30 goals. He's made 501 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Islanders have 53 total points this season, which ranks them 20th in the NHL. They are 1st in the league in goals scored with 170 while they've given up 179 goals, ranking them 1st overall. They have had 158 power play opportunities and have scored 32 goals on those chances for a percentage of 20%. That is 13th in the NHL. The Islanders have allowed 149 power play opportunities and have given up 39 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 74%, putting them 30th in the league when short-handed. They average 31 shots per game and as a team shoot 11.06% for the season. They allow 35 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 90%. That puts them 29th in the league in stopping the puck.
Useful Team Statistics
The Golden Knights are 2nd in the NHL with a total of 68 points this year. They have 28 power play goals on 153 opportunities for a percentage of 18%. That ranks them 21st in the league as a power play unit. They've allowed 139 power play opportunities and have given up 25 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. That is 13th in the NHL. As a team, the Golden Knights are 3rd in the league with 163 goals scored while they've given up 126 goals, which is 27th overall. They average 33 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.50%. As a team they give up 30 shots per game and have a save percentage of 91%. That is 13th in the NHL.
New York has a Corsi percentage of 47.9% as they've tried 2,808 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 3,052 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 25th in Corsi percentage. They are 30th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 47.3% as they have 2,069 shots while they've given up 2,309 attempts on defense. The Islanders start possessions in the offensive zone 48.5% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 51.5% for the year. That puts them 22nd and 8th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 1,440 face-off wins as opposed to 1,537 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 48.4%. That is 28th overall in the NHL. On defense New York has 1,055 hits and they've blocked 743 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 10th in the league.
The Golden Knights are 12th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 51.9% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 48.1% for the season, which is 25th in the NHL. They have 1,436 face-off wins compared to 1,478 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.3%. That is 24th in the league. On defense Vegas has 909 hits and they have blocked 716 shots from the opposition, which is 14th in the league. Vegas is 10th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.8% as they've attempted 2,884 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,680 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 52.2% ranks 10th as they have 2,149 attempts while they have given up 1,964 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Islanders/Golden Knights NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Vegas -185 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Vegas -185
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.