Vegas Golden Knights at Nashville Predators NHL Picks & Predictions 1/16/2018
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Vegas Golden Knights travel to Bridgestone Arena to play the Nashville Predators on Tuesday, January 16, 2018. The opening line for this game has the Golden Knights at +127 and the Predators at -140.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Vegas has a record of 29-10-3 this season and on the road they have a record of 11-8-1-1. They are 1st in the Pacific Division. They've scored 145 goals and given up 116 goals for a point differential of +29. For the season they have an ATS record of 29-13-0 and an over/under record of 23-17-0. Nashville is 25-11-6 including 13-4-2-2 at home this season. They are 2nd in the Central Division. They've scored 131 goals and surrendered 114 for a goal differential of +17. Their record against the spread is 25-17-0 while their over/under record is 21-21-0.
Valuable Vegas Golden Knights Betting Trends
The Vegas Golden Knights are 29-13-0 straight up this year
The Vegas Golden Knights are 23-17-0 against the over/under this season
Important Nashville Predators Betting Trends
The Nashville Predators are 25-17-0 straight up this year
The Nashville Predators are 21-21-0 against the over/under this season
Key Vegas Golden Knights Injuries
10/31/17 GO Oscar Dansk Lower Body IR (10/30)
10/06/17 D Clayton Stoner Abdominal IR (10/02)
01/10/18 D Luca Sbisa Hand IR (01/10)
01/05/18 D Jon Merrill Undisclosed IR (01/04)
Key Nashville Predators Injuries
12/30/17 LW Filip Forsberg Upper Body IR (12/29)
James Neal has accumulated 29 total points this season for the Golden Knights. He has 18 goals this year with 119 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 15%. He has a total of 11 assists on the season and averages 17.5 minutes played per game. David Perron averages 17.7 minutes of ice time per game this year. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 9 goals on 61 shots. He has 25 assists, giving him a total of 34 points on the season. Marc-Andre Fleury has 9 wins and 2 losses this season in net for the Golden Knights. He has 415 shots against him and he's given up 24 goals. He's made 391 saves for a save percentage of 94%.
Kevin Fiala has scored 26 total points this year for the Predators. He has 10 goals this season with 94 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 11%. He has a total of 16 assists on the season and averages 15 minutes played per game. P.K. Subban averages 24.2 minutes of ice time per game. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by scoring 9 goals on 97 shots. He has 23 assists, giving him a total of 32 points on the season. Pekka Rinne has 21 wins and 8 losses this year in goal for the Predators. He has 1,007 shots against him and he's surrendered 76 goals. He's made 931 saves for a save percentage of 93%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Golden Knights have 61 total points this season, which ranks them 2nd in the NHL. They are 5th in the league in goals scored with 145 while they've given up 116 goals, ranking them 26th overall. They have had 137 power play opportunities and have scored 24 goals on those chances for a percentage of 18%. That is 21st in the NHL. The Golden Knights have allowed 126 power play opportunities and have given up 23 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%, putting them 13th in the league when short-handed. They average 33 shots per game and as a team shoot 10.57% for the season. They allow 31 shots to their opposition per contest and have a team save percentage of 91%. That puts them 16th in the league in stopping the puck.
Useful Team Statistics
The Predators are 5th in the NHL with a total of 56 points this year. They have 38 power play goals on 157 opportunities for a percentage of 24%. That ranks them 3rd in the league as a power play unit. They've allowed 168 power play opportunities and have given up 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%. That is 12th in the NHL. As a team, the Predators are 17th in the league with 131 goals scored while they've given up 114 goals, which is 27th overall. They average 30 shots per contest and have a team shooting percentage of 10.24%. As a team they give up 32 shots per game and have a save percentage of 92%. That is 4th in the NHL.
Vegas has a Corsi percentage of 51.3% as they've tried 2,549 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 2,421 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. That ranks them 13th in Corsi percentage. They are 10th in the NHL in Fenwick percentage with 51.8% as they have 1,899 shots while they've given up 1,766 attempts on defense. The Golden Knights start possessions in the offensive zone 51.4% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.6% for the year. That puts them 17th and 20th in the league in zone percentages respectively. They have 1,297 face-off wins as opposed to 1,308 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 49.8%. That is 21st overall in the NHL. On defense Vegas has 814 hits and they've blocked 655 attempts from opposing offenses, which is 13th in the league.
The Predators are 30th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 47.1% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 52.9% for the season, which is 3rd in the NHL. They have 1,381 face-off wins compared to 1,272 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.1%. That is 6th in the league. On defense Nashville has 875 hits and they have blocked 612 shots from the opposition, which is 23rd in the league. Nashville is 20th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 49.4% as they've attempted 2,414 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,471 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 49.3% ranks 19th as they have 1,811 attempts while they have given up 1,859 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Golden Knights/Predators NHL game against the spread? Tony's Pick: Take Nashville -140 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Tony's Pick: Take Nashville -140
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Tony Sink
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.