Winnipeg Jets at Anaheim Ducks NHL Picks & Predictions 1/25/2018
Thursday, January 25, 2018
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The Winnipeg Jets head to Honda Center to take on the Anaheim Ducks on Thursday, January 25, 2018. The opening line for this contest has the Jets at +113 and the Ducks at -125.
Free $60 in Member NHL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Winnipeg has a record of 29-13-7 this year and away from home they have a record of 12-10-6-1. They are 1st in the Central Division. They have tallied 161 goals and surrendered 132 goals for a point differential of +29. For the year they have an ATS mark of 29-20-0 and an over/under record of 24-23-0. Anaheim has a record of 23-17-9 including 13-9-3-0 on home ice this year. They are 5th in the Pacific Division. They've scored 137 goals and have given up 138 for a goal differential of -1. Their record against the spread is 23-26-0 while their over/under mark is 18-30-0.
Valuable Winnipeg Jets Betting Trends
The Winnipeg Jets are 29-20-0 straight up this year
The Winnipeg Jets are 24-23-0 against the over/under this season
Important Anaheim Ducks Betting Trends
The Anaheim Ducks are 23-26-0 straight up this year
The Anaheim Ducks are 18-30-0 against the over/under this season
Key Winnipeg Jets Injuries
12/28/17 C Mark Scheifele Upper Body IR (12/27)
01/23/18 C Adam Lowry Upper Body is "?" Thursday vs Anaheim
01/22/18 LW Shawn Matthias Upper Body is out indefinitely
01/19/18 GO Steve Mason Concussion IR (01/11)
Key Anaheim Ducks Injuries
12/01/17 LW Michael Liambas Upper Body IR (11/30)
10/22/17 RW Patrick Eaves Lower Body IR (10/14)
Nikolaj Ehlers has scored 37 total points this year for the Jets. He has 19 goals this season with 141 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 18 assists on the year and averages 16.3 minutes played per contest. Nikolaj Ehlers averages 16.3 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 14% by tallying 19 goals on 141 attempts. He has 18 assists, giving him a total of 37 points on the year. Connor Hellebuyck has 26 wins and 6 losses this season in goal for the Jets. He has 1,202 shots against him and he's surrendered 91 goals. He's made 1,111 stops for a save percentage of 92%.
Rickard Rakell has 36 total points this season for the Ducks. He has 18 goals this year with 126 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 14%. He has a total of 18 assists on the year and averages 19.4 minutes played per contest. Brandon Montour averages 19.3 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 6% by scoring 6 goals on 100 attempts. He has 15 assists, giving him a total of 21 points on the year. John Gibson has 17 wins and 14 losses this season in net for the Ducks. He has 1,225 shots against him and he's given up 97 goals. He's made 1,128 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Jets have 65 total points this year, which is 3rd in the NHL. They've scored 161 goals while giving up 132 scores, which has them ranked 4th and 22nd respectively. They have had 172 power play chances and scored 43 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 25%. That is 2nd in the league. The Jets have given up 170 power play opportunities and surrendered 31 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%, ranking them 14th when short-handed. They average 32 shots per contest and as a team shoot 10.23% for the year. They allow 32 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 92%, which is 7th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Ducks are 16th in the league with a total of 55 points this season. They have 24 power play goals on 135 chances for a percentage of 18%. That is 23rd in the NHL. They've given up 181 power play opportunities and surrendered 32 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 82%, ranking 11th overall. As a team, the Ducks are 19th with a total of 137 goals scored while they've given up 138 goals this season, ranking 15th in goals against. They average 30 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 9.42%. As a unit they give up 34 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 92%, putting them 4th overall in the NHL.
Winnipeg is 21st in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 49.4%, as they've attempted 2,856 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,920 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 50.1% as they have 2,157 attempts while they have given up 2,152 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 16th in the league. The Jets start possessions in the offensive zone 49.4% of the time, which is 24th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 50.6% for the season. That is 11th overall in the NHL. They have 1,606 face-off wins compared to 1,438 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.8%. That ranks them 3rd in the league. On defense Winnipeg has 1,057 hits and they have blocked 768 shots from the opposition, putting them 3rd overall.
The Ducks start possessions in the offensive zone 46.8% of the time while their defensive zone percentage is at 53.2% for the year. That ranks them 30th and 1st respectively in the NHL. They have 1,534 face-off wins as opposed to 1,449 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 51.4%. That is 9th in the league. On defense Anaheim has 1,160 hits and they've blocked 763 attempts from opposing offenses, ranking them 5th in blocked shots. Anaheim is ranked 30th in Corsi percentage with 46.6% as they've tried 2,702 shots on goal while at full strength while they have surrendered 3,092 shots on net when they have a full team on the ice. Their Fenwick percentage is 28th in the NHL at 47%, as they have 2,063 shots while they've given up 2,329 attempts on defense.
Who will win tonight's Jets/Ducks NHL game against the spread? Guy's Pick: Take Winnipeg +113 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Guy's Pick: Take Winnipeg +113
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Guy Bruhn
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's 100% profit guaranteed Expert NHL Picks.