St. Louis Blues at Boston Bruins NHL Betting Tips 1/17/2019
Thursday, January 17, 2019
Get todays NHL hockey odds on this game.
The St. Louis Blues head to TD Garden to take on the Boston Bruins on Thursday, January 17, 2019. The opening line for this contest has the Blues at +140 and the Bruins at -170.
St. Louis has a record of 20-20-5 this year. They are 6th in the Central Division. They've tallied 126 goals and surrendered 137 goals for a point differential of -11. For the year they have an ATS mark of 20-24-0 and an over/under record of 19-23-0. Boston has a record of 26-15-5 this season. They are 3rd in the Atlantic Division. They have scored 133 goals and given up 119 for a goal differential of +14. Their record against the spread is 26-20-0 while their over/under mark is 16-27-0.
Valuable St. Louis Blues Betting Trends
The St. Louis Blues are 20-24-0 straight up this year
The St. Louis Blues are 19-23-0 against the over/under this season
Important Boston Bruins Betting Trends
The Boston Bruins are 26-20-0 straight up this year
The Boston Bruins are 16-27-0 against the over/under this season
Key St. Louis Blues Injuries
10/04/18 LW Erik Foley Concussion is out indefinitely
01/15/19 D Carl Gunnarsson Illness is questionable Thursday vs Boston
01/11/19 C Robert Thomas Upper Body IR (01/11)
01/11/19 C Tyler Bozak Upper Body IR (01/11)
01/08/19 LW Alexander Steen Upper Body IR (01/08)
Key Boston Bruins Injuries
01/03/19 C Joakim Nordstrom Fibula is out indefinitely
Ryan O'Reilly has scored 45 total points this year for the Blues. He has 16 goals this season with 119 shots on net, giving him a shooting percentage of 13%. He has a total of 29 assists on the year and averages 20.7 minutes played per contest. Vladimir Tarasenko averages 18.4 minutes of ice time per game this season. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 9% by tallying 15 goals on 159 attempts. He has 14 assists, giving him a total of 29 points on the year. Jordan Binnington has 3 wins and 0 losses this season in goal for the Blues. He has 126 shots against him and he's surrendered 8 goals. He's made 118 stops for a save percentage of 94%.
Brad Marchand has 49 total points this season for the Bruins. He has 17 goals this year with 141 shots on goal, giving him a shooting percentage of 12%. He has a total of 32 assists on the year and averages 19.8 minutes played per contest. David Pastrnak averages 19.1 minutes of ice time per contest. In that time he has a shooting percentage of 15% by scoring 26 goals on 175 attempts. He has 28 assists, giving him a total of 54 points on the year. Tuukka Rask has 13 wins and 8 losses this season in net for the Bruins. He has 694 shots against him and he's given up 56 goals. He's made 638 saves for a save percentage of 92%.
Useful Team Statistics
The Blues have 45 total points this year, which is 23rd in the NHL. They've scored 126 goals while giving up 137 scores, which has them ranked 26th and 19th respectively. They have had 138 power play chances and scored 27 goals on those opportunities for a percentage of 20%. That is 16th in the league. The Blues have given up 148 power play opportunities and surrendered 30 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 80%, ranking them 15th when short-handed. They average 31 shots per contest and as a team shoot 9.07% for the year. They allow 29 shot attempts to their opposition per game and have a team save percentage of 90%, which is 25th in the league.
Useful Team Statistics
The Bruins are 10th in the league with a total of 57 points this season. They have 41 power play goals on 147 chances for a percentage of 28%. That is 2nd in the NHL. They've given up 131 power play opportunities and surrendered 25 goals on those chances for a penalty kill percentage of 81%, ranking 12th overall. As a team, the Bruins are 20th with a total of 133 goals scored while they've given up 119 goals this season, ranking 30th in goals against. They average 33 shots per game and have a team shooting percentage of 8.72%. As a unit they give up 31 shots per contest and have a save percentage of 92%, putting them 2nd overall in the NHL.
St. Louis is 12th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 50.6%, as they've attempted 2,507 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,446 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage is 51.2% as they have 1,881 attempts while they have given up 1,791 shots on the defensive end. That ranks them 11th in the league. The Blues start possessions in the offensive zone 51.3% of the time, which is 13th in the league, while their defensive zone percentage is at 48.7% for the season. That is 19th overall in the NHL. They have 1,406 face-off wins compared to 1,280 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 52.3%. That ranks them 3rd in the league. On defense St. Louis has 891 hits and they have blocked 655 shots from the opposition, putting them 17th overall.
The Bruins are 5th in the league in starting possessions in the offensive zone, doing so 54.3% of the time. Their defensive zone percentage is at 45.7% for the season, which is 27th in the NHL. They have 1,409 face-off wins compared to 1,380 losses, meaning their face-off win percentage is 50.5%. That is 12th in the league. On defense Boston has 1,092 hits and they have blocked 594 shots from the opposition, which is 28th in the league. Boston is 8th in the NHL in Corsi percentage with 51.7% as they've attempted 2,751 shots on net at full strength while they've given up 2,571 shots on net in the same situations. Their Fenwick percentage of 51.9% ranks 7th as they have 2,136 attempts while they have given up 1,977 shots on the defensive end.
Who will win tonight's Blues/Bruins NHL game against the spread? Josh's Pick: Take Boston -170 Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Josh's Pick: Take Boston -170
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Tonight's Free NHL Picks.
Get all of Tonight's Expert Expert NHL Picks.