England vs Argentina World Cup Tips 6/14/2019
Women's World Cup
Friday, June 14, 2019
England will play at Stade Océane when they take on Argentina on Friday, June 14, 2019 in a Women's World Cup matchup. The opening line for this game has England at -1279 and Argentina at +1321. The draw has been set at +719.
Group D leaders England will be taking on second-place Argentina on Friday in the second match of group play. England, who came into the World Cup ranked third in the world, had a bit of a shaky start to the tournament but held on for a 2-1 win over Scotland. Argentina put together a solid defensive effort against Japan in their opening match, holding on for a 0-0 draw. England will be favored to win, but it could be a close one judging by those opening performances.
Phil Neville's squad struggled more than most expected in their first match, so there's a good chance that he gave his squad a good talking to afterward. This England side is filled with top-notch players, though, so if Neville can find a starting 11 that works, Argentina and every other team they go up against will have a very tough time stopping them.
Related : How to Bet on Soccer
Key Players for England:
Lucy Bronze - Many people around the world think Bronze is the best all-around player in the world, and for good reason. She has been the top player on back-to-back Champions League winning teams with Lyon and she owns multiple Player of the Year trophies. If England dominates this matchup, there's a good chance that Bronze played a huge part in it.
Ellen White - White is a scoring machine, and she was able to pick up one of England's two goals in their win over Scotland. The 30-year-old now has 24 goals in 62 caps. There's a good chance that she will line up as the lone striker again versus Argentina and will be relied on to keep the defense uncomfortable throughout the match.
Holding Japan to a 0-0 draw was extremely impressive for Argentina, especially when you consider that they came into the World Cup as one of the lowest-ranked teams. Coach Carlos Borrello has done an excellent job so far of making this team of relatively unknown players gel on the big stage. They will need to play nearly flawlessly, though, if they want to get anything out of this matchup with England.
Key Players for Argentina:
Sole Jaimes - Jaimes is one of only nine professional players on this Argentina squad and she's arguably the most talented of the bunch. The veteran striker is Argentina's main attacking threat, so she will need to make the most of any chances she gets in this game and she will need to put in the extra work on defense.
Vanina Correa - England will be looking to come out of the gates flying in this game, so Argentina's goalkeeper will probably need to make a lot of key saves to give her team a chance. She'll also need to do the key job of keeping her inexperienced defense lined up correctly throughout the match. The 35-year-old, who is making her 19appearance for her country in this one, picked up her second career clean sheet in that game against Japan.
Who will win tonight's England/Argentina World Cup game against the spread?
Josh's Pick: Take England -1279
Get $60 worth of FREE premium member picks. No Obligation. No Salesman. No Credit Card. Fast Sign up with Instant Access Click Here
Read more articles by Josh Schonwald
Get all of Today's Soccer Picks
Get all of Today's Guaranteed Expert Soccer Picks
Most Recent Soccer Picks
- Houston Dynamo vs Real Salt Lake Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Inter Miami CF vs CF Montreal Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Philadelphia Union vs Chicago Fire Prediction, 8/1/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Austin FC vs Colorado Rapids Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- LA Galaxy vs Portland Timbers Prediction, 7/30/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Orlando City SC vs Atlanta United FC Prediction, 7/30/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New York Red Bulls vs New England Revolution Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Toronto FC vs Nashville SC Prediction, 8/1/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- New York City FC vs Columbus Crew Prediction, 7/30/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds
- Seattle Sounders FC vs San Jose Earthquakes Prediction, 7/31/2021 MLS Soccer Pick, Tips and Odds