What Does Dime Mean In Sports Betting and Wagering?
If I was to get rich over night, it would take every ounce of energy I have to not flaunt my new house, car, boat, and any other shiny new toy I could buy. However, I know for a fact that nobody would care about what I do with my riches. Some of the richest people in the world wear the same clothing and try to live a relatively low-key life (minus the body guards). If you are a “dime” bettor, you might have the money to back up the life style, but flaunting your big-bet ability will only turn people against you.
What Does Dime Mean?
Free $60 in Member Picks No Obligation Click Here
When you hear someone use the term “dime” they are often referring to a size of bet that is 10,000 times bigger than an actual dime. If you bet a “dime” on a game, you are wagering $1,000. With this scale, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that a “nickel bet” is a bet of $500 and a “buck” means a $100 bet.
Don’t Confuse a Dime Bet with the Dime Line
There is another use for the term “dime” but this time it is on the sportsbooks’ side of things. A sportsbook will sometimes put out “dime lines” which means that they will use the standard -110price on point spread bets.Betting a “dime line” means that you would need to bet $110 in order to profit $100. Over the long run, you will need pick winners at a clip of 52 percent in order to just break even.
Dime Betting Strategies
If you are one of the lucky few who have a bankroll big enough to accommodate “dime” bets, I hope you are the kind of bettor that keeps your mouth shut and doesn’t flaunt it. It’s one thing to brag about your winners, but bragging about the size of your bet is just plain dumb – especially if you hit a rough patch and destroy your bankroll.
Even if your bankroll can support dime bets, bankroll management is still of the utmost importance. Most successful bettors stick to a standard unit of betting, which for “dime” bettors are $1,000. When a value-packed opportunity presents itself, by all means raise the stakes and capitalize. Until then, sticking to a standard size bet will protect the bankroll should you have success.
Doc's Sports is offering $60 worth of handicapper picks absolutely free - no obligation, no sales people - you don't even have to enter credit card information. You can use this $60 credit any way you please for any handicapper and any sport on Doc's Sports Advisory Board list of expert sports handicappers. Click here for more details and take advantage of this free $60 picks credit today .
- MLB Playoff Betting Advice: How to Make Winning Series Wagers
- How to Read Football Point Spreads: What the Odds and Lines Mean
- How to Bet on Tennis: Step-by-Step Guide for Amazing Wagering Results
- What Does WHIP Mean in Baseball? Description with Examples
- What Is A Trifecta Wheel In Horse Racing and Sports Betting?
- What Does Trifecta Mean In Horse Racing and Sports Betting?
- What Does Trifecta Box Mean In Horse Racing and Sports Betting?
- What Is A Sportsbook in Regards to Sports Betting and Wagering?
- What Does Lost By The Hook Mean In Sports Betting and Wagering?
- What Is A Linemaker in Regards to Sports Betting and Wagering?