English Premier League Picks: West Bromwich Albion vs. Everton
by Nicholas Tolomeo with Strike Point Sports - 1/15/2014
During this soccer season, Doc’s Sports Service has teamed up with Strike Point Sports and Raphael Esparza (Vegas Sports Informer), two of the top soccer handicappers, to provide weekly free soccer picks for English Premier League, MLS and Champions League matches. This week, Strike Point Sports has a free play on a side in the West Bromwich Albion vs. Everton match.
On tap for Monday football this week, West Brom will play host to Everton. The Baggies will be playing under new manager Pepe Mel following a 26-day spell of searching for Steve Clark’s successor. The game will be vital for West Brom’s survival hopes this year, while high-flying Everton will be hoping to finally crack the top four.
West Bromwich Albion vs. Everton Betting Story Lines
West Brom sits just three points above relegation following a run of form which has seen the Baggies grab six out of 18 points in their last six matches; four of those six points have come at he Hawthornes. New manager Mel joins the squad after leading Real Betis to seventh in La Liga last season and will be hoping his European style of play gels with his new squad.
Roberto Martinez’s Everton side will be traveling to the Hawthornes hoping to keep their fine run of form intact, which has seen them acquire 13 out of 18 points in their last six. Everton has had a smooth transition following David Moyes’ departure to Manchester United and currently sits in fifth place on the table with 41 points. They are just a single point from fourth and seven off of league-leading Arsenal.
West Bromwich Albion vs. Everton Betting Odds and Trends
In three-way wagering, West Brom (+240) is the underdog, while Everton (+133) are favorites, with the draw option listed at +237. Everton are priced at -160 as a pick, with West Brom priced at +135 for a pick. The total of 2.5 has the ‘over’ priced at -120 and the ‘under’ at -110.
In the last four meetings at the Hawthornes, this fixture has been evenly split with two wins and two losses for each side. In last year’s corresponding fixture the Baggies were able to defeat Everton 2-0. Both teams will be desperate for a win, for completely different reasons, and look for Martinez to field a strong side that will improve on the team’s stellar 4-1-5 record.
Take Everton (+133) over West Bromwich Albion (3 p.m., Monday, Jan. 20)
Everton have only lost once this year on the road and will be looking to steal three more points at The Hawthornes. West Brom will be under a new manager, who is yet to be tested in the Premier League and spent most of his career muddling in Span’s second and third divisions. Twenty three points separate these two squads on the table, and look for three more to be added to that spread after the final whistle on Monday. Everton is likely to win outright, but it will be an entertaining 90 minutes led by some skilled midfield play.
Most Recent Soccer Betting and Handicapping
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: Manchester City vs Borussia Monchengladbach
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: Lazio vs Bayern Munich
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: FC Porto vs Juventus
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: PSG vs Barcelona
- Real Salt Lake vs Colorado Rapids Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Sporting KC vs Minnesota United FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Toronto FC vs D.C. United Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Leicester City vs Bournemouth Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020