2022 Super Bowl Betting Tips and Advice
In what many are calling the best postseason in NFL history, if not one of, we are sure to see it go out with a bang. The AFC Champion Cincinnati Bengals head to SoFi Stadium to take on the NFC Champion Los Angeles Rams. The Bengals fans are happy to see that title before their team name, but the swagger of their star quarterback has them believing they can do even more! The Rams brought in a wave of new talent, but have the same core on defense, and they will look to prove that what they paid for these veterans was the right move.
The Bengals have been underdogs in every game that they have played this postseason, and clearly, they won them all, so being the underdog won’t be something that they bat an eye at or give any attention to. The Rams are four-point favorites and are looking to repeat the Buccaneers destiny, in terms of winning on their home field.
One tip to picking the team to bet on is to look at trends, but not look at one trend and let that be the deciding factor. These teams have not played this year. Therefore, as a result, any trends will be valuable but not all telling on their own.
Doc’s Sports offers free NFL picks for every game on our NFL predictions page.
Trends That Favor Cincinnati:
- Underdogs are 10-4 ATS in the last 14 Super Bowls
- Bengals are 7-0 ATS in their last seven games
- Bengals are 6-1 SU in their last seven games
- Rams are 1-5 ATS in their last six games vs the AFC
- Rams are 5-12 SU in their last 17 games vs AFC teams
Trends That Favor Los Angeles:
- Rams are 6-3 ATS in their last nine games
- Rams are 8-1 SU in their last nine games
- Bengals are 8-14 all-time in the playoffs
- Bengals are 0-5 in their last five games vs NFC West Opponents
Total Points Trends for Both Teams:
- H2H the UNDER is 5-0 in their last five games
- UNDER is 7-0 in the Bengals last seven playoff games
- UNDER is 4-0 in the Bengals last four games following an ATS win
- UNDER is 27-10-1 in the Rams last 38 games as a favorite
- UNDER is 5-2 in the Rams last seven games after a game with 250+ passing yards
As you can see, some trends are much more relevant than others, and some are just flat-out irrelevant. The biggest thing that these trends point towards is to lay off a side and take the under. Both teams have overwhelming trends going this way, and this is because defense wins championships. Yes, you will get an over if it is a game between Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes. And while they are both championship-caliber players, this year was about making the big stops when they mattered most. In betting the Super Bowl, it is easy to get caught up in the hoopla of the big moment and thinking that the offenses are going to go ballistic because these are the players who are usually in the news. The fact of the matter is, these are the two teams that weathered the storm that is the NFL regular season, and playoffs, to get the right to face off with each other. Both teams are loaded with skill on both sides of the ball, so do NOT think that any player can do it alone; this will lead to unrealistic expectations, which will lead to undisciplined bets.
Most Recent Super Bowl Betting
- 2022 Super Bowl Handicapping and Betting Advice
- 2022 Super Bowl Betting Tips and Advice
- Free Super Bowl Props Predictions 2022
- Betting on the Super Bowl Coin Toss 2022
- Betting the Super Bowl Over and Under
- 2022 Super Bowl Props to Avoid
- Super Bowl Betting for Dummies and Novice Bettors
- Free Super Bowl Picks 2022
- 2022 First Touchdown Scored Super Bowl Props Odds and Expert Betting Predictions
- 2022 Super Bowl MVP Odds and Predictions