What Does Series Bet Mean In Sports Betting?
by Doc's Sports - 10/9/2014
When teams play multiple games against another team consecutively, it is called a series. With knowledge fresh in your mind, it shouldn’t be a shock that a series bet is a bet on which team will win a series. Series betting, which is a form of futures betting, is typically done in the form of a moneyline.
During the regular season, Major League Baseball is the only sport that lends itself to series betting. When teams play a four-game series during the season, only the first three games are typically counted for a series bet to avoid the possibility of a tie.
Free $60 in Member Picks No Obligation Click Here
There are many more options for series bets in the playoffs. Baseball plays five- and seven-game playoff series that can be bet on in this way. The NBA and the NHL also play series in the playoffs that are popular for betting.
The mechanics of a series bet - I really hope I don’t have to spend too much time here. You bet on which team you like. If they win the majority of games in the regular season, or win the series and advance to the next round in the playoffs, then you are a winner.
Square bettors will often jump to conclusions in these bets, assuming that a team is an easy winner because they are clearly the better team. It’s often more complicated than that. What happened in the regular season, or what has happened in the weeks and months before in the case of baseball’s regular season, doesn’t always matter. So many factors need to be considered - the location, the weather expected, the health of the two teams, the coaching matchup, the relative motivation of the teams, the matchups on the court, field, or ice, and so on. Because there is so much going on in series it is a place where value can often be found on the underdogs.
Doc's Sports is offering $60 worth of handicapper picks absolutely free - no obligation, no sales people - you don't even have to enter credit card information. You can use this $60 credit any way you please for any handicapper and any sport on Doc's Sports Advisory Board list of expert sports handicappers. Click here for more details and take advantage of this free $60 picks credit today .
- MLB Playoff Betting Advice: How to Make Winning Series Wagers
- How to Read Football Point Spreads: What the Odds and Lines Mean
- How to Bet on Tennis: Step-by-Step Guide for Amazing Wagering Results
- What Does WHIP Mean in Baseball? Description with Examples
- What Is A Trifecta Wheel In Horse Racing and Sports Betting?
- What Does Trifecta Mean In Horse Racing and Sports Betting?
- What Does Trifecta Box Mean In Horse Racing and Sports Betting?
- What Is A Sportsbook in Regards to Sports Betting and Wagering?
- What Does Lost By The Hook Mean In Sports Betting and Wagering?
- What Is A Linemaker in Regards to Sports Betting and Wagering?