Columbia Odds to Win 2014 World Cup with Picks and Predictions
by Strike Point Sports - 4/1/2014
2014 Colombia Odds to win the World Cup
Colombia are +2500 to win the World Cup. Oddsmakers have installed them as modest favorites to win Group C at -170. They are also -333 to advance to the elimination round of the tournament.
Colombia 2014 World Cup Group Play Schedule
Colombia vs. Greece - Saturday, June 14 (12 p.m. EST in Belo Horizonte)
Colombia vs. Ivory Coast - Thursday, June 19 (12 p.m. EST in Brasilia)
Colombia vs. Japan - Tuesday, June 24 (4 p.m. EST in Cuiaba)
Colombia World Cup 2014 Team Analysis
The fate of the Colombian national team rests with the uncertainly in their main striker, Radamel Falcao. Their leader and best player went down during club play with Monaco, and it a big toss up whether the striker will feature and lead his compatriots this summer in Brazil. While Falcao and his skills alone are enough to lift the hope of a nation, the load will also fall on another key man upfront, striker Jackson Martinez. His abilities, along with playing midfielders Juan Cuadradro and James Rodriguez, will help to make Colombia a threat in the attacking third even if Falcao is not to see action. Freddy Guarin is another special player, who plies his club trade in Italy, that helps makes up a talented midfield. Captain Mario Yepes is the team's leader, and he boosts the back line with his 96 international appearances.
Colombia 2014 World Cup Tournament Picks and Predictions
Having still no clue whether Colombia's star man, Falcao, will feature, it's anyone's guess how this nation will fare come June. Colombia has the experience and the names to hold their own and be a threat to advance, however it will come down to the health of Falcao's knee if the Colombians will expect to experience a long run of success and past group play. If Falcao is to prove himself healthy and finds the form he is capable of producing, look for Colombia to make a push to the quarterfinals. Along with the dynamic skills of striking partner Jackson Martinez, Colombia will be a threat to score and advance into the knockout stages of this summer's tournament.
Strike Point Sports has established themselves as one of the top soccer handicappers with their success on the big tournament stage. From the 2006 World Cup, Euro 2008, 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012, SPS earned $100 clients over $8,200 in profit from these four major events. This summer's World Cup is going to be another moneymaking opportunity, and they are looking forward to their soccer selections and another winning tournament.
Visit Doc's Sports for coverage of the 2014 World Cup and more articles leading up to this summer's major soccer tournament.
Most Recent Soccer Betting and Handicapping
- 2021 Euro Soccer Futures Odds and Expert Betting Predictions
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: Manchester City vs Borussia Monchengladbach
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: Lazio vs Bayern Munich
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: FC Porto vs Juventus
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: PSG vs Barcelona
- Real Salt Lake vs Colorado Rapids Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Sporting KC vs Minnesota United FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Toronto FC vs D.C. United Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Leicester City vs Bournemouth Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020