Great Betting Opportunity for English FA Cup
by Strike Point Sports - 1/3/2014
It’s not hard to acknowledge that soccer gets lost in translation during the busy fall and winter schedule in the USA. American sports during this time revolves around the NFL, NBA and college football and college basketball.
And simply trying to be understanding and neutral, even though I’m really not, I can totally see the average American’s struggle to find soccer intriguing enough to bet on.
However, what soccer does offer to bettors that the majority of these aforementioned other sports do not are multiple layers amongst the regular league season.
For instance, the English Premier League, the world’s best and most popular soccer league, is currently in the midst of its grand 10-month season. From August to May, matches play on a regular schedule, usually on Saturdays and Sundays with a mix of weekday matches as well.
Twenty teams compose the top-flight league, so it’s understandable why such few betting opportunities on a given week exist. However, in England there are also mini tournaments that are gradually played throughout the year, and the most important of them is the FA Cup, an annual knockout cup competition with clubs of all standards competing from the largest clubs in England and Wales down to amateur teams. And the system created for it with byes and rankings make for some interesting matchups.
This weekend the third round of this year’s tournament is scheduled. And while the casual observer might not have a clue about half the teams involved beyond the Manchester Uniteds and the Chelseas of the world, a lot more betting value exists in the fact that these matchups of teams not in the same league or ranking don’t happen anywhere else.
Smaller teams essentially play their ‘Super Bowl’ when matched up against a Premier League power, while other top-rated teams play youth and players who get the opportunity to prove their worth not offered in more important league games.
All in all it’s an event that will certainly get lost in the American betting landscape. But it’s definitely worth a peek and even attempt to follow throughout the year to see if one or two betting opportunities arise from it.
Strike Point Sports is one of the most proven soccer handicappers around, and this Saturday he is unveiling his 8-Unit Soccer Game of the Year from this very same competition, the FA Cup. On fire the last month with his soccer plays, he has earned $100 bettors over $2,500 in profit during a very strong 20-12-1 five-week run. Over the last five years Strike Point Sports has tallied an impressive 29-8-1 record with their top soccer plays of 5.0+ units. That is an incredible 78 percent win percentage, which means you do not want to miss the next big winner.
This play is being released Friday to accommodate the game’s 11 a.m. EST Saturday start.
Visit his handicapper page here for all the details on this big play and more soccer picks.
Most Recent Soccer Betting and Handicapping
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: Manchester City vs Borussia Monchengladbach
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: Lazio vs Bayern Munich
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: FC Porto vs Juventus
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: PSG vs Barcelona
- Real Salt Lake vs Colorado Rapids Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Sporting KC vs Minnesota United FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Toronto FC vs D.C. United Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Leicester City vs Bournemouth Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020