2018 World Cup Group B Predictions and Expert Betting Advice
The 2018 World Cup kicks off June 14 and I'm counting the days until this tournament starts! Here I preview the first of eight groups that will be traveling to Russia. Group B will showcase not one but two big European nations, and Spain will be one tough out in this group and throughout the tournament. Portugal is the other big European nation in this group, and we all know who will be on the pitch for this squad (Cristiano Ronaldo). Portugal could be a nice plus-money group winner. Morocco and Iran are also in Group B, and Morocco could play a spoiler in some group matches. Down below I have listed Group B betting odds for offshore sports book MyBookie and I also listed the Group B schedule.
Group B Teams & Odds
Group B Schedule:
Morocco vs. Iran: Friday, June 15 11 a.m. ET
Portugal vs. Spain: Friday, June 15 2 p.m. ET
Portugal vs. Morocco: Wednesday, June 20 8 a.m. ET
Iran vs. Spain: Wednesday, June 20 2 p.m. ET
Iran vs. Portugal: Monday, June 25 2 p.m. ET
Spain vs. Morocco: Monday, June 25 2 p.m. ET
Breakdown - Predictions
Group B will be dominated by the European nations, and both Spain and Portugal will be standout favorites in all Group play. Spain will be looking for redemption since they struggled in Brazil four years ago, and I see them playing some tough football in Russia. Portugal comes to Russia as the Euro Champion as they won Euro Cup 2016 in France, but they have never won the World Cup. Morocco qualified for the World Cup without losing a single match but did draw three of their matches. Morocco could give any of these three countries a scare, but I don't see them winning this group or advancing. Iran is also in this group, but at 28-1 to win the group and 400-1 to win it all I just don't see them being a force in this tournament. Keep an eye on the group price of Portugal because if this number climbs upward they might be a nice underdog play for Group B.
Prediction: Spain to Win the Group -250
Portugal also Makes it out of the group.
Raphael Esparza is one of the best soccer handicappers in the country. Esparza had a winning English Premier League season and closed out the Premier League on a ridiculous run of 21-6 $5,680 and Esparza looks for a huge World Cup soccer tournament. Esparza has had winning World Cups in both men's and women's and in 2014 he cashed over $2,300 dollars including a Game of the Year winner. New clients can take advantage of Doc's no-hassle $60 free picks offer and get Esparza's weekday picks. Click here for $60 worth of free picks .
Read more articles by Raphael Esparza
Most Recent Soccer Betting and Handicapping
- Real Salt Lake vs Colorado Rapids Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Sporting KC vs Minnesota United FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Toronto FC vs D.C. United Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Leicester City vs Bournemouth Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Everton vs Wolverhampton Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Atlanta United FC vs New York Red Bulls Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/11/2020
- FC Cincinnati vs Columbus Crew Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/11/2020
- Manchester City vs Brighton Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/11/2020