2018 World Cup Group E Predictions and Expert Betting Advice
The 2018 World Cup kicks off June 14, and I'm counting the days until this tournament starts! Here I will preview the first of eight groups that will be traveling to Russia. Group D was talked about as being the Group of Death, but Group E looks to be a one-sided group. Brazil has always been one of the best squads at every tournament, and the South American giants have won the World Cup five times. Switzerland and Serbia both feature experienced players, and both countries will not go down easily. Costa Rica's outstanding team defense could be eye-opening and game-changing, but in this group too much offense from the rest of group will be Costa Rica's Achilles Heel. Down below I have listed Group E betting odds for offshore sports book MyBookie , and I also listed the Group E schedule.
Group E Teams & Odds
Costa Rica 15-1
Group E Schedule:
Costa Rica vs. Serbia: Sunday, June 17 8 a.m. ET
Brazil vs. Switzerland: Sunday, June 17 2 p.m. ET
Brazil vs. Costa Rica: Friday, June 22 8 a.m. ET
Serbia vs. Switzerland: Friday, June 22 2 p.m. ET
Switzerland vs. Costa Rica: Wednesday, June 27 2 p.m. ET
Serbia vs. Brazil: Wednesday, June 27 2 p.m. ET
Breakdown - Predictions
World Cup Group E should be dominated by the big favorite of Brazil, but the health of Neymar could make the group more competitive overall. Switzerland lost just one match in qualification, and that loss was against Portugal. Costa Rica was one of the biggest surprises in Brazil at the 2014 World Cup, but this year they caught a bad group and I don't see them competing with the Swiss or Serbia on being the second team to advance. Serbia's defense will be key in this group, and their first match against Costa Rica will tell me if they can compete in this group. With Brazil being humiliated hosting the last World Cup in 2014, I see them coming out guns blazing, and it wouldn't shock me to see some lopsided scores in group play.
Prediction: Brazil to Win the Group -440
Switzerland also Makes it out of the group.
Raphael Esparza is one of the best soccer handicappers in the country. Esparza had a winning English Premier League season and closed out the Premier League on a ridiculous run of 21-6 $5,680 and Esparza looks for a huge World Cup soccer tournament. Esparza has had winning World Cups in both men's and women's and in 2014 he cashed over $2,300 dollars including a Game of the Year winner. New clients can take advantage of Doc's no-hassle $60 free picks offer and get Esparza's weekday picks. Click here for $60 worth of free picks .
Read more articles by Raphael Esparza
Most Recent Soccer Betting and Handicapping
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: Manchester City vs Borussia Monchengladbach
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: Lazio vs Bayern Munich
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: FC Porto vs Juventus
- 2021 Champions League Round of 16 Predictions: PSG vs Barcelona
- Real Salt Lake vs Colorado Rapids Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Sporting KC vs Minnesota United FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Toronto FC vs D.C. United Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Leicester City vs Bournemouth Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020