2018 World Cup Group G Predictions and Expert Betting Advice
The 2018 World Cup kicks off June 14, and I'm counting the days until this tournament starts! Here I will preview the first of eight groups that will be traveling to Russia. Group G has to be one of the toughest groups to decide who will win and who will advance to the Round of 16. Belgium is very talented, but at the same time very inconsistent, and you can also say the same thing about England. Both Belgium and England will most likely win this group, but don't sleep on Tunisia. If either Belgium or England slip up then look for both Panama and Tunisia to take advantage, and it wouldn't shock me to see either one of those two countries to advance. Down below I have listed Group G betting odds for offshore sports book MyBookie , and I also listed the Group G schedule.
Group G Teams & Odds
Group G Schedule:
Belgium vs. Panama: Monday, June 18 11 a.m. ET
Tunisia vs. England: Monday, June 18 2 p.m. ET
Belgium vs. Tunisia: Saturday, June 23 8 a.m. ET
England vs. Panama: Sunday, June 24 8 a.m. ET
England vs. Belgium: Thursday, June 28 10 a.m. ET
Panama vs. Tunisia: Thursday, June 28 10 a.m. ET
Breakdown - Predictions
Group G in my view is a head-scratcher just because of the inconsistent play from both Belgium and England, but again one of these two countries will win this group. Belgium is the -160 favorite to win this group, and the Belgium squad has some outstanding Premier League talent on the team. Harry Kane for England will try to steal the group from Belgium, but the Three Lions defense I believe is very vulnerable. A little bit shocked that Panama are 33-1 to win the group and Tunisia are 11-1 because I believe the Panama squad could be the big surprise in this group. Panama's first match against Belgium is going to be a really good game, and if Panama can get any goal scoring they could be a nice sleeper. Since 2004 when Tunisia won the African Cup they have been going downward, and I see them struggling in Russia. We will see an outstanding three-team battle for two open spots, and it wouldn't shock me at all to see either Belgium, England, or Panama to advance to the round of 16.
Prediction: Belgium to Win the Group -160
England also makes it out of the group.
Raphael Esparza is one of the best soccer handicappers in the country. Esparza had a winning English Premier League season and closed out the Premier League on a ridiculous run of 21-6 $5,680 and Esparza looks for a huge World Cup soccer tournament. Esparza has had winning World Cups in both men's and women's and in 2014 he cashed over $2,300 dollars including a Game of the Year winner. New clients can take advantage of Doc's no-hassle $60 free picks offer and get Esparza's weekday picks. Click here for $60 worth of free picks .
Read more articles by Raphael Esparza
Most Recent Soccer Betting and Handicapping
- Napoli vs Barcelona Predictions and 2020 Champions League Round of 16 Preview
- Lyon vs Juventus Predictions and 2020 Champions League Round of 16 Preview
- Chelsea vs Bayern Munich Predictions and 2020 Champions League Round of 16 Preview
- Atalanta vs Valencia Predictions and Champions League Round of 16 Preview
- Tottenham vs RB Leipzig Predictions and Champions League Round of 16 Preview
- Borussia Dortmund vs Paris Saint Germain Predictions and 2020 Champions League Round of 16 Preview
- Madrid vs Liverpool Predictions and 2020 Champions League Round of 16 Preview
- 2019 Women's World Cup Odds with Expert Betting Predictions
- Very Early 2022 World Cup Soccer Futures Odds with Expert Betting Predictions
- Atletico Madrid vs. Juventus Expert Betting Picks for Champions League