College Football Free Picks: Weekly Mid-Major Report and Predictions for Coastal Carolina (Chanticleers vs. Duquesne)
Date: Saturday, September 16
Game Time: 7:00pm EST
Venue: Brooks Stadium
Doc’s Sports offers college football expert picks for every game on our college football predictions page.
As we head into Week 3 of the College Football season, I will use my thorough knowledge of the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers to bring you insightful, but more importantly, profitable information on CCU’s current contest. We will dive into the analysis and to maximize our return on investment, we will be utilizing Doc’s trusted “Unit Betting System.”
Another nail biter betting the spread, but the Chanticleers were able to cover the 13.5 points last weekend against Jacksonville State to put us up 2-units on the season. CCU must have experienced some jet lag from California as their offense sputtered in the first half. They held a 10-9 lead entering the break, but Grayson McCall and company took over the second half to cash our ticket. McCall led the way, completing 21-of-29 passes for 268 yards and one touchdown pass. Wide receiver Jared Brown had a huge day catching seven passes for 93 yards and a touchdown. He also received a carry on a trick play that went 77 yards to strike pay dirt. Sam Pinckney chipped in 63 yards on four catches. The rushing attack needs to get in a groove going forward after averaging only 2.9 yards per carry last weekend. The defense set the tone in the third quarter, not relinquishing any points and had three sacks on the day to seal Coastal Carolina’s 30-16 victory.
Duquesne heads into Saturday’s matchup after getting obliterated by West Virginia last weekend by a final score of 56-17. It was a struggle on all sides of the ball for the Dukes. The offense could manage only 234 total yards of offense, and the defense got picked apart, giving up over 600 yards. Darius Perrantes leads the Duquesne offense this season with 355 yards and four touchdowns off 21 completions through two games. Taj Butts is the top ball carrier in the backfield with 127 yards on 19 carries. Darrell Powell Jr. headlines the wide receiver room and leads the team with 132 yards and three scores on six receptions this year. Tedy Afful and Keshawn Brown have combined for 196 yards through two games, and each have registered a touchdown.
As of Friday afternoon, Vegas has not released the spread or the total for Saturday night’s contest between these two teams. The Chanticleers have started the 2023-24 campaign with a 2-0 record against the spread, and this is what I am leaning toward this upcoming weekend regardless of what Vegas ends up setting it at. The under is also 2-0 in Coastal Carolina games this season. Look for Grayson McCall and the offense to continue their second half momentum from the Jacksonville State game on Saturday night and put up a ton of points on the scoreboard. This Duquesne defense was thrashed a week ago, and McCall should be able to pick apart this secondary with ease. We are only going to wager 1-unit this week due to Vegas not setting the lines up to this point. Expect the spread and total to be released in the early afternoon tomorrow before kickoff.
Prediction: CCU 51 – Duquesne 13
1-unit play on Coastal Carolina spread
Season Total: Up +200
Most Recent College Football Handicapping
- Weekly Public Action Football Betting Report with Predictions (Fourth Edition)
- College Football Free Picks: Weekly Mid-Major Report and Predictions for James Madison Week 4
- College Football Free Picks: Weekly Mid-Major Report and Predictions for Coastal Carolina (Chanticleers vs. Georgia State)
- NCAA Football Predictions: Week 4 Opening Line Report and Picks
- College Football Totals Picks Week 3: Over or Under Predictions for Saturday
- NCAA Football Betting: Fading the Top 25 Weekly Free Picks Week 3
- College Football Free Picks: Weekly Mid-Major Report and Predictions for Coastal Carolina (Chanticleers vs. Duquesne)
- Weekly Public Action Football Betting Report with Predictions
- College Football Free Picks: Weekly Mid-Major Report and Predictions for James Madison Week 3
- NCAA Football Predictions: Week 3 Opening Line Report and Picks