Toyota/Save Mart 350 Picks, Odds and Predictions
by Tony Sink - 6/21/2014
Doc's Picks for Sonoma
NASCAR heads to the road course in Sonoma, California, for the Toyota/Save Mart 350. Drivers will take a break from high-speed oval race tracks to take on the 12-turn, 1.99-mile road course at Sonoma Raceway. Be prepared to hear unfamiliar names at the top of the leaderboards like Marcos Ambrose and AJ Allmendinger instead of Dale Jr. who is currently at 60-1 to win.
Last year at Sonoma, Martin Truex Jr. took the lead over Kurt Busch on Lap 83 and was able to save fuel to beat Jeff Gordon to the checkered flag.
Sonoma has been one of Busch’s best race tracks and he is my pick this Sunday. Kurt Busch has finished three consecutive races at Sonoma in the top five. He has 1 win and 6 top 5’s in 13 races at Sonoma. Busch is now with Hendrick Motorsports, which has won five consecutive races and should give him the edge he needs to finish in Victory Lane Sunday. Look for Busch to get his second win of the 2014 season Sunday.
Tony’s Pick: Take Kurt Busch (+700)
Don’t Overlook: Marcos Ambrose (+500)
There aren't many locales on the schedule that can transform a driver from basically irrelevant into a top-10 pick, but Sonoma is one of them. Since his 42nd-place run in his Sonoma debut in 2008, Ambrose has finished five of his six starts at the race track in the top five. Ambrose is usually the fastest car at this track which is very important since it’s only He will be looking for his first win at Sonoma this week.
Stay Away: Kyle Busch (+1200)
I’m not going with the obvious choice here…Which is Dale Jr. (In 14 starts at Sonoma, Earnhardt has yet to finish in the top 10) I’m going to tell you to stay away from Kyle Busch. Busch has not been in the top 10 at Sonoma since 2008, when he won here. He has also been the first car out more than once here. Busch is experiencing some bad luck right now and it doesn’t look like this is the track that he will turn it around. Unless he shows blazing-fast speed in practice, you should choose another driver this week.
Doc Sports is hitting at an amazing 69% (37-17) with his NASCAR Head-to-Head selections and has made a profit of over $6,700 this year alone! The Prop Machine is currently on a 20-8 run with their last 28 picks for $4,600 in profit.
Read more articles by Tony Sink
- Bass Pro Shops Night Race Picks, Odds & Predictions 9/18/2021
- Federated Auto Parts 400 Picks, Odds & Predictions 9/11/2021
- Cook Out Southern 500 Picks, Odds & Predictions 9/5/2021
- Coke Zero Sugar 400 Picks, Odds & Predictions 8/28/2021
- FireKeepers Casino 400 Picks, Odds & Predictions 8/22/2021
- Verizon 200 at the Brickyard Picks, Odds & Predictions 8/15/2021
- Go Bowling at The Glen Picks, Odds & Predictions 8/8/2021
- Foxwoods Resort Casino 301 Picks, Odds & Predictions 7/18/2021
- Quaker State 400 Picks, Odds & Predictions 7/11/2021
- Jockey Made In America 250 Picks, Odds & Predictions 7/4/2021