2015 Grammy Awards Odds and Expert Betting Picks
by Raphael Esparza - 2/4/2015
Our friends over at Bovada have posted odds for Sunday's Grammy Awards, and since football season is over I'm throwing out my expert picks for this award show. The Grammy Awards air live on Sunday Feb. 8, 2015 on CBS, and I know I will have action on the Grammy betting board. Some of these categories have huge favorites, but some look to be a coin toss, and in the past the Grammy's have shown some big upsets -- just look at Mumford & Sons in 2011 when they shocked the Grammy betting board for Best New Artist. At this time I will show you the opening odds on the 57th Grammy Awards and tell you if you should jump on some long shots or lay the wood on the betting favorite.
Free $60 in Member Sports Picks No Obligation Click Here
Awards shows like this are such a great betting option because a sharp handicapper can easily score a big profit. There is a reason that the sportsbooks offer such low limits on these props; they want to lessen their exposure!
2015 Grammy Awards Odds - Provided by Bovada
Album of the Year
- Beyonce-Beyonce +125
- Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour +175
- Ed Sheeran- X +425
- Beck - Morning Phase 7-1
- Pharrell Williams - Girl 10-1
Album of the Year in my eyes is a two-performer race between the Queen B (Beyonce) and newcomer Sam Smith. I'm a bit shocked that Beyonce is only +125, which I believe has outstanding value, so if you are a Queen B fan I would jump on the +125 because by Sunday morning Beyonce will be the favorite in this category. My prediction for Album of the Year is Beyonce, and the way she released this album in my eyes is the reason why she win Album of the Year.
Best New Artist
- Sam Smith -600
- Bastille 10-1
- Brandy Clark 10-1
- Haim 12-1
- Iggy Azalea 10-1
First of all I'm shocked that they even put odds on this, and I'm totally confused on why Sam Smith is not -800 or higher. I'm not the biggest music fan, but I know what kind of year and summer Mr. Smith had, and he wins Best New Artist by a landslide.
Record of the Year
- Sam Smith - Stay With Me -110
- Sia- Chandelier +325
- Iggy Azalea - Fancy 4-1
- Taylor Swift - Shake it Off 9-2
- Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass 15-1
Record of the Year is the toughest category to handicap just because look at the performers in this category. I believe Record of the Year is a three-performer race between Sam Smith, Sia, and Taylor Swift. My gut and heart is telling me that Swift at 9-2 is a steal, but my wallet and research is telling me that Sam Smith again will walk away with another trophy. Again, my prediction Sam Smith -110 is your winner, and I would jump on this because I believe Sam Smith odds will move.
Song of the Year
- Sam Smith - Stay With Me -130
- Hozier - Take Me To Church +325
- Sia- Chandelier 9-2
- Taylor Swift - Shake it Off 8-1
- Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass 9-1
Ok, so again Sam Smith is the favorite for Song of the Year, but usually this category goes to a songwriting person. I'm picking an upset here and Sia at 9-2 seems to good to be true because she wrote some outstanding lyrics for Rihanna, Kylie Minogue, and the Queen B Beyonce. Upset in the making here, and jump on Sia 'Chandelier' at 9-2 because she wins Song of the Year for her writing skills.
How Many Grammys will Sam Smith be Awarded
Over 3 Grammy's +110
Under 3 Grammy's -150
Bovada threw this category up late, and I know that I called for the upset in Song of the Year with Sia, but taking the OVER 3 Grammy's at plus money is something I might have to take a stab at. It's no secret that Sam Smith had an unbelievable year in the music world, and it wouldn't shock me to see him run away with 3 or more trophies Sunday night.
Most Recent Pop Culture Betting Articles
- 2018 Oscars Odds with Expert Academy Awards Betting Predictions
- 2018 Razzie Awards Odds and Expert Betting Predictions for Worst Movies
- 2018 WWE Royal Rumble Odds and Expert Betting Picks
- 2018 Grammy Awards Odds and Expert Betting Predictions
- 2018 Golden Globes Odds and Expert Betting Predictions
- 2017 WWE Survivor Series Odds and Expert Betting Picks
- Holiday Worldwide Movie Box Office Gross: Betting Odds and Predictions
- 2017 Toy Hall of Fame Inductee Odds and Expert Betting Predictions
- Game of Thrones Final Season Predictions with Odds and Expert Picks
- 2017 WWE SummerSlam Betting Odds and Predictions for Sunday PPV