2020 Hot Dog Eating Contest Odds and Expert Betting Predictions
Let's face it, America is in shambles right now. The coronavirus has brought the country to a screeching halt. Governors from the west to the east coast have mandated all but non-essential businesses to shut their doors. People are self-quarantining themselves in fear of catching the virus, and the case numbers of people who have it are increasing every day. Across the country, casinos and their sportsbooks have been ordered to shut their doors, and the number of things that are left to wager on are few and far between at this point. One of the things that is still left to bet is an American tradition. One of the things still left to bet is something that we can all look forward to, something that can help the country heal in these trying times. That's right folks, we're talking about the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, scheduled to take place July 4 on Coney Island in Brooklyn. We're going to take a look at the odds here here and give you our picks and predictions.
Will Joey Chestnut win the men's contest?
Will the men's contest go to an Eat Off (Overtime)?
Men's winner hot dogs eaten
Over: 71.5 -140
Under: 71.5 +100
Will Miki Sudo win the women's contest?
Women's winner hot dogs eaten
Over: 37.5 +100
Under: 37.5 -140
Take Men's Hot Dog Contest Winner OVER 71.5 Hot Dogs Eaten -140
The number of hot hogs eaten in the men's competition increased each year for five straight years from 2014-2018. Last year, we saw a drop-off back down to 71 for the winner (Chestnut) after he set the record of 74 in 2018. In the last four years, all won by Chestnut, the numbers have been 70, 72, 74 and 71, so this 71.5 number set for 2020 would seem about right. What the oddsmakers haven't factored in is the fact that Chestnut was legitimately upset last year when he didn't break his own record set the year before. Throw in the fact that Joseph Christian Chestnut is an American sports icon, an American sports legend. Also throw in the fact that this could possibly be one of the first events to take place as things in the sports world get back to a sense of normalcy, and we're taking the over as we think Chestnut shows up and wins one for America, breaking his world record in the process. USA, USA, USA!!
Most Recent Pop Culture Betting
- Possible Tiger King Movie and Other Betting Props from Popular Netflix Doc
- NBA 2K Players Tournament Predictions with Betting Odds and Picks
- WrestleMania 36 Predictions with Odds and Expert Betting Picks
- First Movie Studio to Release Coronavirus Movie: Odds and Predictions
- 2020 Hot Dog Eating Contest Odds and Expert Betting Predictions
- 2020 Razzie Awards Odds and Expert Betting Predictions
- 2020 Oscars Odds with Expert Academy Awards Betting Predictions
- 2020 Coachella Music Festival Betting Odds
- 2020 Golden Globes Odds and Expert Betting Predictions
- Rise of Skywalker Betting Odds: Predictions for Star Wars Deaths