2018 World Cup Group A Predictions and Expert Betting Advice
The 2018 World Cup kicks off June 14, and I'm counting the days until this tournament starts! Here I will preview the first of eight groups that will be traveling to Russia. Group A has the host country and the advantage of playing in their own backyard, but this Group is no cakewalk. Uruguay and Egypt would love to disappoint Russia, and it wouldn't shock me to see Russia not advance to the next round. Down below I have listed the Group A betting odds for offshore sports book MyBookie , and I also listed the Group A schedule.
Group A Teams & Odds
Saudi Arabia 33-1
Group A Schedule
Russia vs. Saudi Arabia: Thursday, June 14, 11 a.m. ET
Egypt vs. Uruguay: Friday, June 15 8 a.m. ET
Morocco vs. Iran: Friday, June 15 11 a.m. ET
Russia vs. Egypt: Tuesday, June 19 2 p.m. ET
Uruguay vs. Saudi Arabia: Wednesday, June 20 11 a.m. ET
Saudi Arabia vs. Egypt: Monday, June 25 10 a.m. ET
Uruguay vs. Russia: Monday, June 25 10 a.m. ET
Breakdown - Predictions
Uruguay is the favorite to win Group A, and I see them winning this group. However, the second team advancing could be a toss up. Host team Russia and Egypt will battle for the second country to advance to the next round. And with the status of Mohamed Salah (Egypt) up in the air after suffering an injury in the Champions League Final, that could open the door for Russia to advance. Notice how we haven't said a word about Saudi Arabia in group play, and there is a reason why they are 33-1 to win the group and 800-1 to win it all. This group is all about the host country of Russia, and Russia could easily fizzle out of the group like South Africa did in 2010 or Russia could shock the group and maybe, just maybe shock Uruguay and win the group. Only time/play will tell.
Prediction: Uruguay to Win the Group -130,
Russia also Makes it out of the group.
Raphael Esparza is one of the best soccer handicappers in the country. Esparza had a winning English Premier League season and closed out the Premier League on a ridiculous run of 21-6 $5,680 and Esparza looks for a huge World Cup soccer tournament. Esparza has had winning World Cups in both men's and women's and in 2014 he cashed over $2,300 dollars including a Game of the Year winner. New clients can take advantage of Doc's no-hassle $60 free picks offer and get Esparza's weekday picks. Click here for $60 worth of free picks .
Read more articles by Raphael Esparza
Most Recent Soccer Betting and Handicapping
- Real Salt Lake vs Colorado Rapids Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Sporting KC vs Minnesota United FC Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Toronto FC vs D.C. United Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/12/2020
- Leicester City vs Bournemouth Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Arsenal vs Tottenham Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Everton vs Wolverhampton Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/12/2020
- Atlanta United FC vs New York Red Bulls Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/11/2020
- FC Cincinnati vs Columbus Crew Predictions, MLS Picks, Betting Tips 7/11/2020
- Manchester City vs Brighton Predictions, EPL Picks, Betting Tips, 7/11/2020