2015 Golden Globes Odds and Betting Predictions
by Raphael Esparza - 12/30/2014
Our friends over at Bovada were the first online book to release odds on the 72th Golden Globe Awards. The Golden Globe Awards air live on Sunday Jan. 11, 2015, and I know I will have lots of action on the Golden Globes betting board. Some of these categories have huge favorites, but they also have outstanding value. At this time I will show you the opening odds on the72th Golden Globes Awards and tell you if you should jump on some long shot action. Awards shows like this are such a great betting option because a sharp handicapper can easily score a big profit. There is a reason that the sportsbooks offer such low limits on these props; they want to lessen their exposure!
Free $60 in Member Sports Picks No Obligation Click Here
72th Golden Globe Awards Odds - Provided by Bovada
Best Motion Picture, Drama
• Boyhood -500
• Foxcatcher 20-1
• The Imitation Game 4-1
• Selma 15-1
• The Theory of Everything 15-1
"Boyhood" is the clear favorite in this category, and I still can't believe took 11 years to make from start to finish. "Breaking Selma" at 14-1 has outstanding value, and if you are looking to score big on an underdog jump on this price. Still, "Boyhood" will be hard to beat and is my predicted winner.
Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama
• Julianne Moore (Still Alice) -800
• Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl) 14-1
• Reese Witherspoon (Wild) 6-1
• Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything) 16-1
• Jennifer Aniston (Cake) 20-1
I'm really shocked that Julianne Moore was such a big favorite in this category. In my eyes this category is between Moore and Reese Witherspoon. But getting Witherspoon at 6-1 is some extreme value, in my opinion. Would love to say Witherspoon wins here, but I just watched "Still Alice," and if I laid heavy chalk I would be playing the -800. I just can't play it at this price (betting $800 to win $100). Julianne Moore wins here, and it's well-deserved.
Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama
• Eddie Redmayne (The Theory of Everything) -200
• Steve Carell (Foxcatcher)10-1
• Benedict Cumberbatch (The Imitation Game) 2-1
• David Oyelowo (Selma) 15-1
• Jake Gyllenhaal (Nightcrawler) 22-1
Sorry oddsmakers, I think you have the wrong favorite here! No disrespect to Eddie Redmayne, but the favorite here should have been Benedict Cumberbatch. I'm shocked at the long odds for David Oyelowo, and if he wins the books will get crushed. My winner is Benedict Cumberbatch, but you know I will have a live ticket on David Oyelowo.
Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy
• Into The Woods 6-1
• Birdman -600
• The Grand Budapest Hotel 6-1
• St. Vincent 30-1
• Pride 20-1
I loved the movie "Birdman," and Michael Keaton and Ed Norton were outstanding. I just have to say "wow" at the -600 odds for the movie in this category (betting $600 to win $100). I'm throwing out Into the Woods (probably wins now), and I'm picking an upset here. "The Grand Budapest Hotel" was well-written, and at 6-1 I'm going with a nice underdog in this category.
Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy
• Julianne Moore (Maps to the Stars) 12-1
• Amy Adams (Big Eyes) -110
• Emily Blunt (Into the Woods) +100
• Helen Mirren (The Hundred Foot Journey) 25-1
• Quvenzhane Wallis (Annie) 25-1
This category is wide-open, and I'm sure the TV viewers want to see Quvenzhane Wallis win. But, sorry viewers, she has no shot. I loved Amy Adams in Big Eyes, but it wasn't her best acting as of late, and I see Emily Blunt stealing this from Adams. I might throw down some coin at Helen Mirren at 25-1 just because it's Helen Mirren and she is a legend that has the respect of voters.
Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy
• Michael Keaton (Birdman) -1000
• Bill Murray (St. Vincent) 20-1
• Ralph Fiennes (The Grand Budapest Hotel) 8-1
• Christoph Waltz (Big Eyes) 20-1
• Joaquin Phoenix (Inherent Vice) 10-1
This category is Michael Keaton's to lose, and I don't see him losing. He was brilliant in this movie, and if he doesn't win I would be shocked. Joaquin Phoenix at 10-1 looks tempting, but again Keaton should start writing his speech. This is easy money even though you have to lay $1000 to win $100!
Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture
• Jessica Chastain (A Most Violent Year) 12-1
• Keira Knightley (The Imitation Game) 20-1
• Patricia Arquette (Boyhood) -700
• Meryl Streep (Into The Woods) 12-1
• Emma Stone (Birdman) 7-1
Some books don't have this category up because how heavy of a favorite Patricia Arquette is, and that is probably smart. She should have no problem winning this category, but it does look and feel weird to see the all-mighty Meryl Streep at 12-1.
Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture
• Ethan Hawke (Boyhood) 20-1
• Robert Duvall (The Judge) 30-1
• Edward Norton (Birdman) 6-1
• J.K. Simmons (Whiplash) -1000
• Mark Ruffalo (Foxcatcher) 10-1
Some books don't have this category up because of how heavy of a favorite J.K. Simmons is, and that is probably smart again. It's funny that this category has some big actors in it yet the heavy favorite is a not so much of a household name. However, after you watch this movie and see Simmons win he will be a name that everybody knows.
Best Director - Motion Picture
• Ava DuVernay (Selma) 12-1
• Wes Anderson (The Grand Budapest Hotel) 20-1
• Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (Birdman) 4-1
• David Fincher (Gone Girl) 20-1
• Richard Linklater (Boyhood) -500
Here is another category where I don't agree with the oddsmakers. Yes, the movie "Boyhood" was good, but the director for "Birdman" (Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu) did an outstanding job. I'm taking one of the underdogs here and calling for Gonzalez Inarritu to take home the prize.
Doc's Sports has had a winning tradition for more than four decades. Don't believe us? Try us out for free, and we are convinced you will be a believer. Get $60 worth of free sports picks - members' picks just like our paying clients get - here .
Most Recent Pop Culture Betting Articles
- 2018 WWE Money In The Bank Odds and Expert Betting Predictions
- 2018 National Spelling Bee Betting Odds and Expert Predictions
- Preakness Stakes Trivia Questions and Answers 2018
- WWE WrestleMania 34 Odds and Expert Betting Predictions
- 2018 Oscars Odds with Expert Academy Awards Betting Predictions
- 2018 Razzie Awards Odds and Expert Betting Predictions for Worst Movies
- 2018 WWE Royal Rumble Odds and Expert Betting Picks
- 2018 Grammy Awards Odds and Expert Betting Predictions
- 2018 Golden Globes Odds and Expert Betting Predictions
- 2017 WWE Survivor Series Odds and Expert Betting Picks