Super Bowl Facts - 2021 Edition
It feels like every Super Bowl has something happen that is record-breaking, whether that is a familiar team or player in the Super Bowl or a random player does the unthinkable. This season, we’ve got Tom Brady quarterbacking his team into the Super Bowl for the 10th time in 21 seasons. We’ve compiled some insane facts going into the Super Bowl. Some of these facts will certainly change once this Super Bowl is over.
Be sure to visit our popular NFL Picks page at Doc's Sports.
- Tom Brady has the most victories in football at 230. Another win in this game would give him 231 wins. The second highest winner in the NFL is a kicker in Adam Vinatieri. Not only has Brady won the most games, but he has completed 256 passes in the Super Bowl. That’s as many passes completions as the entire Buccaneers team has had in their history, including Brady’s three games in the postseason this year.
- Brady has appeared in a Super Bowl 10 times, counting this season. That’s one less than the Patriots but more than every other team in the NFL, including the Steelers, Cowboys and Broncos, who have been there eight times each.
- The Chiefs will play in their second Super Bowl in a row. If they win, they’d become the eighth team in NFL history to repeat as Super Bowl champions after defeating the San Francisco 49ers last season, 31-20, in Super Bowl LIV. That was Kansas City’s second Super Bowl. A win here would also be the franchise’s third Super Bowl win and second in as many years. This is the first time ever the Buccaneers and Chiefs have faced off in the Super Bowl against each other.
- The last time the Buccaneers made the Super Bowl, they defeated the Raiders 48-21 in 2003’s Super Bowl XXXVII.
- Tom Brady can match Otto Graham for the most titles in football with seven if he's able to bring home his first championship with the Buccaneers. If he’s tied with Graham for seven, you know he’ll be back for a potential shot at No. 8. No player has ever won seven Super Bowls. However, if we’re counting All-American Football Conference championships, Brady would be tied with Graham.
- The Buccaneers are the first ever Super Bowl team to play in a Super Bowl on their home field. Raymond James Stadium has been the home to the Bucs since 1998 and will be the home of Super Bowl LV. This is going to be the 17th Super Bowl in Florida, with Tampa hosting their fifth Super Bowl. Florida holds many Super Bowls because the weather is always warmer this time of year.
- The Chiefs were slight favorites last year and won. They’re now slight favorites this year, and more money is currently on the Chiefs to win again. But then there’s people who talk about never betting against Brady. The Chiefs won a franchise-best 14 games this season. Andy Reid had never won 14 games in a single season as head coach. He got that milestone this year, and it was hardly talked about.
- Andy Reid of the Chiefs has coached against Buccaneers Head Coach Bruce Arians. They’re 1-1 against one another, but Reid does have Super Bowl experience over Arians. This is Arians’ first Super Bowl of his career as head coach, but he did coach the Steelers to three as an assistant.
Want free NFL Super Bowl picks? Doc's has you covered. New clients can take advantage of this great offer of $60 in free Doc's Sports members' picks for any handicapper on Doc's Expert Handicapper list. Just check out these guys' pages and see what great work they have done making money for themselves and their clients over the years. Get $60 worth of premium members' picks free .
Most Recent Super Bowl Betting
- 2021 Super Bowl MVP Odds and Predictions
- Free Super Bowl Picks 2021
- 2021 Super Bowl Handicapping
- Super Bowl Runningback Props and RB Predictions
- Robert Ferringo Picks the Most Popular Super Bowl Props
- 2021 Super Bowl First Half Betting Tips and Predictions
- Super Bowl Quarterback Props and QB Predictions
- 2021 Super Bowl Teaser Bets: Picks and Predictions
- Free Super Bowl Props Predictions 2021
- 2021 Super Bowl Cross Sport Props: Predictions and Analysis