2015 Record: 2-10
2016 Las Vegas Season Win Total: 3.5*
2016 Season Win Total Picks NCAA Football: 'Under'
Hey, every conference needs some fodder. And in the Big 12 that is Iowa State. The Cyclones do a great job of being bad enough that none of the top teams in the league ever have to worry about losing to them while also being good enough to steal some nonconference games and play The Big Boys tough every once in awhile. Not that anyone noticed or cares, but Iowa State brought in a new coach, Matt Campbell, from Toledo. Now it is Campbell's turn to steward the program through another few years of servitude.
Free $60 in Member College Football Picks No Obligation Click Here
I won't waste your time getting into the ins and outs of Iowa State's offensive and defensive schemes. Campbell plays a 4-2-5 base defense, which might be interesting in the MAC but is pretty standard in the high-scoring Big 12. And offensively the Cyclones have a couple not-terrible players in running back Mike Warren, who rushed for 1,366 as a freshman, and receiver Allen Lazard, who has started every game he's been at Ames.
Iowa State will try not to lose to Northern Iowa in the opener (which they did in 2013 and nearly did in 2011) and will try to avoid falling to an FCS team for the third time in four years. Then the Cyclones will dial it up for their rivalry game with Iowa. Wildly enough, Iowa State has beaten Iowa three times in the past five seasons.
Beyond that, Iowa State's only two winnable games are at home against San Jose State and at Kansas on Nov. 12. Iowa State has actually won four or more games in five of the last 10 years. But they haven't done so since 2012. With a new coach and a dearth of talent, I don't see it happening for Campbell this season. I have to play this team 'under'.
2016 Iowa State Cyclones Schedule - CLICK HERE
Robert Ferringo has been the top football handicapper in the country the past five years, earning nearly $13,000 in total football profit with four of six winning seasons. Robert tallied over $20,000 in football profit between 2011 and 2016, including his amazing 2013 NFL season in which he hit 62.1 percent (95-58). Robert has produced 14 of 22 winning football months and an amazing 37 of 57 winning football months over the past decade. Robert has eight of nine winning NFL preseasons and he is at nearly 60 percent winners over his last 750 totals picks. Also, Robert's proprietary KING College Football Betting System has posted three of four winning seasons and is 122-92 over the last three years (57.0 percent).
We are offering new clients $60 in free college football picks for Robert's picks or any Advisory Board handicapper of your choosing. Get your free college football picks now!
Read more articles by Robert Ferringo
Most Recent College Football Handicapping Articles
- College Football Expert Handicapping: Teams Better Than Their Record
- NCAA Football Betting Advice: Studs and Duds Against the Spread
- Free NCAA Football Picks Week 8: Under-the-Radar Matchups Provide Great Betting Profits
- NCAA Football Betting Odds: Week 8 Line Movements & Last-Minute News
- 2017 Heisman Trophy Predictions with Odds and Expert Betting Picks
- Syracuse Orange at Miami Hurricanes Expert College Football Picks and Odds
- Michigan Wolverines at Penn State Nittany Lions Expert Picks and Betting Predictions
- Oklahoma State Cowboys at Texas Longhorns Expert Picks with Odds and Predictions
- USC Trojans at Notre Dame Fighting Irish Expert Picks with Odds and Betting Predictions
- NCAA Football Mid-Major Free Betting Picks: Marshall Thundering Herd Week 8