2015 Record: 0-12
2016 Las Vegas Season Win Total: 1.5*
2016 Season Win Total Picks NCAA Football: 'Over'
I know this might sound crazy, but I actually think Kansas is going to be much better this season. Of course, there is really nowhere to go but up after an 0-12 season, so "better" is relative. But Kansas is a team that might actually be able to compete this year and could even match their highest single-season win total of the decade (three).
Free $60 in Member College Football Picks No Obligation Click Here
Kansas was outscored by 31 points per game last year and lost to FCS foe South Dakota State. It was a low-point for a program that hasn't been the least bit competitive since running Mark Mangino out of town. (Boy, I bet the Jayhawks wish they had a do-over for that decision, by the way.) They were outscored by nearly 36 points per game in Big 12 play and lost just one league game by less than 10 points.
As bad as Kansas was, they were even worse than expected; the Jayhawks went a pathetic 3-9 against the spread in 2015, and they have somehow gone just 12-24 ATS the past three years.
Regardless, there are reasons for optimism this season. Kansas has 16 returning starters (versus just seven last year), and they have nine seniors in the starting 22. Last year was David Beaty's first season as a college head coach, and he obviously had growing pains. But he should have his charges much more competitive for Round 2.
Kansas has only three winnable games this year. They host FCS's Rhode Island in the opener, and I would be shocked if they lost to another lower-division school this year. The Jayhawks also host Ohio and Iowa State this season. Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I do think Kansas can win a one of those two games. I hit last year with the 'under' but this time around I'll take the optimist's path. Play 'over'.
Robert Ferringo has been the top football handicapper in the country the past five years, earning nearly $13,000 in total football profit with four of six winning seasons. Robert tallied over $20,000 in football profit between 2011 and 2015, including his amazing 2013 NFL season in which he hit 62.1 percent (95-58). Robert has produced 14 of 22 winning football months and an amazing 37 of 57 winning football months over the past decade. Robert has eight of nine winning NFL preseasons and he is at nearly 60 percent winners over his last 750 totals picks. Also, Robert's proprietary KING College Football Betting System has posted three of four winning seasons and is 122-92 over the last three years (57.0 percent).
We are offering new clients $60 in free college football picks for Robert's picks or any Advisory Board handicapper of your choosing. Get your free college football picks now!
Read more articles by Robert Ferringo
Most Recent College Football Handicapping Articles
- 2018 Heisman Trophy Predictions
- 2019 College Football National Championship Futures Odds with Expert Betting Predictions
- College Football National Championship Game Expert Betting Advice: Keys for Alabama
- College Football National Championship Game Expert Wagering Advice: Keys for Georgia
- College Football National Championship Game Betting Trends
- College Football National Championship Game Expert Picks: Alabama vs. Georgia
- 2018 Sugar Bowl Expert Picks & predictions Alabama vs. Clemson
- 2017 Fiesta Bowl Expert Picks & Predictions Washington vs. Penn State
- 2017 Liberty Bowl Expert Picks & Predictions: Iowa State vs. Memphis
- 2017 Taxslayer Bowl Expert Picks & Predictions: Louisville vs. Mississippi State