I'm sure all Las Vegas bookmakers heading into work on Sunday were hoping that either New England or Green Bay would NOT cover, and Christmas came early for the Vegas books. There was no Week 5 overview but to quickly recap, the public lost small two weeks ago in Week 5 and this Sunday Week 6 the public lost big. With the two wins for the evil Las Vegas sportsbooks that makes the books up 4-2 in winning weeks going into Week 7 -- they are on a nice little winning streak. In talking to two Vegas directors Monday morning, they both told me that heading into Monday Night Football the outcome didn't matter because the books had a fantastic football weekend.
Free $60 in Member NFL Picks No Obligation Click Here
Two big popular betting teams for the books are the New England Patriots and the Green Bay Packers, but on Sunday both didn't cover the spread. They covered teasers and moneyline bets, but two bigger upsets on Sunday were the back-breakers for the public. The Arizona Cardinals were probably the most bet team on Sunday, and when the Pittsburgh Steelers brought in Landry Jones after Michael Vick was injured I'm sure the bettors were already writing a 'W' on their ticket. Steelers winning at home as a home underdog 25-13 was the body blow that caved the public. Then throw in Seattle losing at home against Carolina and I can guarantee tons of Las Vegas Sportsbook directors left Sunday earlier than usual.
The favorites on Sunday went a miserable 3-9 against the spread, and five underdogs won straight-up on Sunday. Anytime you see these types of results you know parlay cards, moneyline parlays, and teasers were crushed and tons of scrap paper were on the Vegas sportsbooks floors.
You figure all Vegas bookmakers sat down in their office and circled three games that they need to watch and adjust money all morning long to protect the house. I can guarantee none of them thought Pittsburgh and Carolina would win outright and the Colts would cover the spread against New England. Vegas bookmakers walked into work Monday morning like John Travolta in the beginning of "Saturday Night Fever".
Raphael Esparza is one of the top handicappers in all sports. Esparza is coming off an outstanding College Football Saturday as he cashed another College Over/Under. He is on an unbelievable College Football run of 16-9 $2930 and Esparza is 8-1 in College totals. Sunday NFL Week #6 he swept the NFL board going 2-0 and this weekend Esparza looks for more College and NFL W's. New clients can take advantage of Doc's no-hassle $60 free picks offer and get Esparza's weekend picks. Click here for $60 worth of free picks.
Most Recent NFL Handicapping Articles
- 2018 Detroit Lions Road Schedule Odds with Expert Picks and Predictions
- 2018 Kansas City Chiefs Road Schedule Odds with Expert Picks and Predictions
- 2018 Dallas Cowboys Road Schedule Odds with Expert Picks and Predictions
- 2018 Buffalo Bills Road Schedule Odds with Expert Picks and Predictions
- 2018 Los Angeles Rams Road Schedule Odds with Expert Picks and Predictions
- 2018 Jacksonville Jaguars Road Schedule Odds with Expert Picks and Predictions
- 2018 NFL MVP Odds with Expert Betting Predictions
- 2018 New Orleans Saints Road Schedule Odds with Expert Picks and Predictions
- 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers Road Schedule Odds with Expert Picks and Predictions
- NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Odds and Expert Betting Predictions