Monday Night Football Predictions Week 12: Seattle Seahawks at Washington Football Team
Considering that the goal of this article is to pick winners, last Monday’s game was the best game I have ever seen. We essentially called for the Bucs to win in a rout, and they backed up my words by winning by 20, and covering the point spread was never in doubt. It was almost as easy as laying the points with the Bills on Thursday as they routed the hapless Saints. This week’s Monday Night Football affair between the Seattle Seahawks and Washington Football Team will be a bit closer than we might like, but I believe we will have the last laugh once again when the clock strikes 0:00.
As of writing this, Washington is currently 1-point favorites with the total set at 46.5. This line opened as Seahawks -2.5 but has quickly been bet down, and now the Football Team is listed as home favorites. Not much has gone right for both squads, with Seattle sitting at 3-7 and Washington at 5-6. However, given how much hope there was for Seattle heading into this season, they are feeling defeated after dropping their fourth game in five tries last week to Arizona. It’ll be interesting to see how they bounce back on a cross-country road trip.
Doc’s Sports offers free NFL picks for every game on our NFL predictions page.
Storylines to follow
Clipped Wings: Once upon a time, the Seahawks were a really good football team for a handful of years. They went to back-to-back Super Bowls in 2013 and 2014 and split the results. They’ve missed the playoffs only one time since Russell Wilson has been with the team. And after a 12-4 season last year and a wild-card loss to the Los Angeles Rams, the wheels have fallen off. The Seahawks defense was a liability last year and picked up right where it left off this season. The run game – which has been non-existent since the Marshawn Lynch era – continues to be missing in action, and the result of that is a one-dimensional offense. Most experts want Pete Carrol to “let Russ Cook.” What that means is that they want Russ to throw the ball 40+ times a game and make things happen with his talent. The only issue with that is the offensive line sucks and can’t protect him properly. The season has been in shambles. And with Russ missing a few games in the middle part of the year, the season was essentially lost. I don’t believe they have it in them to make the cross-country trip to face a team with a similar record in primetime. The run game won’t be there. And with the defense focusing in on the pass, I see Russ running for his life once again in this contest.
Washington Resurgence: Don’t look now, but the Washington Football Team has won two games in a row and have looked really good in the process. They held the Panthers to just 21 points last week and got the better of Tom Brady the week prior, besting the Bucs 29-19. They are three games behind the Cowboys in the division but just one game behind a slew of teams with five wins for one of the final wild card spots. This game is critical to Washington’s push for the postseason as they need to beat the Seahawks because they have the Raiders on deck then alternate games against the Cowboys and Eagles before finishing up at the Giants. I do believe this game is very winnable for Washington as they have shown a little life on offense and the defense has stepped up in a big way. They should be prepared to defend the pass as Seattle is very one-dimensional, and offensively the Football Team is much more cohesive.
Angles and Trends:
If you like Seahawks and are going to take the points, you are banking on the following:
- Seahawks are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Monday games
- Seahawks are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games as a road underdog
- Seahawks are 14-6 ATS in their last 20 games as an underdog
- Washington is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 vs a team with a losing record
- Washington is 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games as a favorite
- Washington is 7-19 ATS in their last 26 Monday games.
If you like Washington and want to lay the points, these trends are for you:
- Washington is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 November games
- Washington is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games in Week 12
- Washington is 10-2 ATS in their last 12 after producing more than 350 total yards in their last game
- Seahawks are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games in November
- Seahawks are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 road games
- Seahawks are 3-7 ATS vs a team with a losing record.
If you are thinking about betting the total, these are the important trends to know:
- Under is 6-0 in Seahawks last 6 games as an underdog
- Under is 12-2 in Seahawks last 14 vs NFC foes
- Under is 10-2 in Seahawks last 12 vs a team with a losing record
- Under is 9-3 in Washington’s last 12 home games
- Under is 4-0 in the last 4 head-to-head meetings
We got back in the win column last week with Tampa as they easily covered the -11 spread. This week, we are once again rolling with the home favorite as we just see Washington being the more motivated and the hungrier of the two teams. Seattle has had an extremely disappointing year by their standards. And coming off a loss to the Cardinals’ backups, they likely won’t respond well with a cross-country flight to Washington to take on a team that sits at 4-6 on the year. Russell Wilson has not played well since returning from injury. And with Washington being statistically better in most offensive and defensive categories, I see them pulling out the win here tonight.
Pick: Washington -1
Most Recent Monday Night Football Picks
- Monday Night Football Picks: Green Bay Packers vs New York Giants
- Monday Night Football Predictions: Tennessee Titans vs Miami Dolphins
- Monday Night Football Picks: Jacksonville Jaguars vs Cincinnati Bengals
- Monday Night Football Picks: Chicago Bears vs Minnesota Vikings
- Monday Night Football Picks: Philadelphia Eagles at Kansas City Chiefs
- Monday Night Football Picks: Denver Broncos vs Buffalo Bills
- Monday Night Football Predictions: Los Angeles Chargers vs New York Jets
- Monday Night Football Picks: Las Vegas Raiders vs Detroit Lions
- Monday Night Football Picks: 49ers vs Minnesota Vikings
- Monday Night Football Picks: Dallas Cowboys vs Los Angeles Chargers