Dave Busk: Thoughts on the Eagles and Vick
by Dave Busk - 8/14/2009
Signing Michael Vick was a very controversial decision made by the Philadelphia Eagles, but someone in the NFL was going to take this chance. According to an ESPN poll, close to 70 percent of the country thought this was a good move by the Eagles, but that is a much different than that of most of the tough Philly fans who were blindsided by this announcement on Thursday night during the Patriots/Eagles preseason game. Typical Philly fans overreact before thinking all the angles out. Truth is, if Vick was to come in here and be a positive for the team these feeling will change quick -- you can book it.
I personally couldn't stand the guy when the news broke about his cruelty to animals. I'm a dog owner and I guess you can say a dog lover and with the reports that came out with what these people, including Vick, did, I couldn't blame anybody for hating the guy and never forgiving him. But he has paid a price and he has lost a lot of endorsements. While it is up to the public to decide if this is enough, you can't deny the fact that he was punished.
For the Eagles, this was a great business move to improve their football. This was also a great move for Vick. He isn't going to come into Philadelphia and be the starting quarterback, McNabb is a 10-times better quarterback if not more. Vick doesn't have to come in here and be "the man" but he can be called upon when needed. Make no mistake about it, Andy Reid has a plan for Vick in this offense and with the wildcat offense now being the new fad of the NFL Vick is the perfect fit for that with his running and throwing abilities. I never thought Vick was a great starting quarterback in this league and I still don't think he will be, but he can bring the X Factor to this offense and gives a team that already had very good athletes on this offense another very good one. It's really simple from a business standpoint -- you get a low stock with a high ceiling for a cheap price, how could you pass up on that?
Most Recent NFL Handicapping
- 2020 Carolina Panthers Predictions and Season Win Total Picks
- 2020 Detroit Lions Predictions and Season Win Total Picks
- 2020 Chicago Bears Predictions and Season Win Total Picks
- 2020 Arizona Cardinals Predictions and Season Win Total Picks
- 2020 Atlanta Falcons Predictions and Season Win Total Picks
- 2020 Los Angeles Rams Predictions and Season Win Total Picks
- 2020 Seattle Seahawks Predictions and Season Win Total Picks
- 2020 Denver Broncos Predictions and Season Win Total Picks
- 2020 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Predictions and Season Win Total Picks
- 2020 Green Bay Packers Predictions and Season Win Total Picks